Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Nikibug

day one

Tomorrow will be day one my quit date any helpful feedback would be appreciated

Nicole

Tags (1)
20 Replies

Check out Whyquit.com/day one Great info from what to eat to how to stay busy....
CatsRsmart

I haven't been here for a while basically because I picked up smoking again. I was just reading blogs and catching up. Getting ready too, again. No other place has such overwhelming support. You are in the perfect spot.
0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Hey, Welcome back

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Have you done any of the reading/education/planning/preparation suggested back in August?  I hope so.  It's really important to understand what is happening and to prepare for how you will respond.  You wouldn't jump out of a plane without training, preparation, planning and education, would you?  Beating an addiction takes some effort!

Glad to see you back!

Nancy

0 Kudos

Don't Talk Yourself into smoking.

Allow th time to unlearn it.

0 Kudos

Be prepared for day two and three.  They are often more problematic than day one.  Have things to do to keep you busy.  Take as deep a breath as you can and hold it when a craving hits.  Let it out slowly.  Repeat as necessary.  Remember that the nuisance feelings are temporary.  Remember that temporary is longer than 72 hours.  You've smoked for how many years?  Temporary is at least 130 days.

Stay close to this site.  Read, ReAD, READ.  There is a ton of great info. and inspiration here that you have not read yet.  Dig for it.  It's a good way to kill time and reinforce your quit at the same time.

Remember that I am a wimp ... and I am doing this.  Don't be wimp whipped.  You can do this!

0 Kudos
Summer-Rain

How is day 1 going?

0 Kudos
TerrieQuit

Be willing, commited, and please spend the time to educate yourself about this awful addiction! and come to this site daily! Welcome!

121  DOF

0 Kudos