Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Write your Goodbye Letter to _________.

Writing a Goodbye Letter to cigarettes, chewing tobacco, vaping is a common theme here on EX. You can read other's letters for inspiration or read a blog from Dr. Hays on how to go about it.

If you haven't written your own and you're starting the quit process, you should probably think about making your own. But you probably want to first read others' letters before you write your own.

Ready to get started? you'll need to be a member of the community so be sure you login and then you can click the link to start your own Goodbye Letter .  Be sure you tag the post with "Goodbye Letter" so yours get added to the list

Did you write your letter from a template? If you feel you have a particularly compelling one, share a link to it below in the comments, or share your actual goodbye letter here on EX with a link in the comments.

While you're at it, you'll probably also want to write a letter to loved ones as well to ensure you get support and understanding at home while you go through your quit journey to support a successful quit.

EX Community Admin Team
Labels (1)
81 Replies
Maddie26_

• I need the patches 
0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@Maddie26_ Welcome to the Ex.

If your not being sponsored  by your health plan or employer for Becomeanex, you can contact your state quit line at 1-800-QUIT-NOW for patches.

Take care

Barb

0 Kudos
gwendolly

A cigarette is good in the morning and when I come home after a long day. The other few are just anxiety or fillers. I wasn't them out of my life

0 Kudos

What do you want 

0 Kudos

@gwendolly Welcome to the Ex.  Please consider creating your own post a My Journal/Blog on the home page to introduce yourself to the community and  receive lots of support from fellow quitters.

Congrats on your decision to quit.  Glad you found us!

Barb

0 Kudos
maryfreecig

This could be a regular feature, Mark? 

Goodbye early-smobriety. You are in my heart forever. My blubbering, sniveling, blaming, fogged up mind got it right after all. Shocking, because my smoking self was convinced she'd win. But early-smobriety, you kept me safe and allowed me to keep to myself and shun everyone. You allowed me to eat pastries and candy whenever I wanted. You allowed me to hate and be angry. To swear that I would get my way eventually. No tiny problem was too small for me to throw an operatic fit at...  You allowed me all this. Today, I set my early smobriety down (to be picked up and cherished whenever necessary) and move happily into late early smobriety. Kinda sweet. Seems here in this new head space my job and joy is to greet the days with the best that I have to offer--smoberly of course. I hope (no such thing as hope to) I am up to the challenge.

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

What do you mean by regular feature? maryfreecig‌?

EX Community Admin Team
maryfreecig

readily available on a main page so that a newcomer can access 

maryfreecig

posted main page all the time

green1611

I did not write any letter when quitted....but yes I remember, I had "that last puff" of half burnt cigarette, remaining half I threw in ashtray, had so much tears in my eyes !     and ......... and .......I said gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood bye !

That was seven years back (wow !)

Great idea to write THE letter. It will remind, remember, recognise and when successful, will be written history for the quitter.

Thanks for suggestion.