cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Ralph1955

Wow it’s been so long

Jump to solution

Hello everyone I know it’s been quite a while since I’ve been here.  I don’t know where to begin.  Since the last time here I have gotten married to my partner last year in July, rescued a Maltese after losing my sweet baby girl Lucy to cancer and have been diagnosed with the beginning of COPD.  So much to tell you but for now just a Hello and that I’ve missed you all. Hope you’re all doing well.IMG_2668.jpegIMG_6391.jpeg

IMG_1805.jpeg

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Barbscloud

@Ralph1955 Life can sure throw some curve balls at us, but that one is so unexpected.  I sure hope you can get some relief. I never realized until recently that inhaling burning wood in general is bad for your health. 

"Wood smoke is made up of over 100 different chemicals and compounds including particulates, carbon monoxide, methane, volatile organic compounds (VOCs), dioxins, lead, cadmium and arsenic. It contains harmful toxins and other substances known to cause cancer."  It's even equated to smoking cigarettes.   I used to like a wood fire, but I can't stand the smell anymore.

Glad you didn't smoke over it.  My brother just passed away recently after 7 months in and out of the hospital.  It can be a challenge at times not to smoke when when it's a new life event for the first time after quitting.  

Wishing you the best outcome.

Barb

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Barbscloud

@Ralph1955 Happy to hear life is good,  You went through some rough times; it's your time to enjoy life.

Congratulations on your marriage and the new puppy.  Both exciting events to celebrate. 

How are book sales going?

Always good to hear from you  Keep us updated. 

Barb

Ralph1955

Rough times is putting it mildly.  Losing my mom, then Lucy set off a chain reaction in my life that took me a long time to come out from.  Now I'm going through stuff that is just unreal. In March I went camping, sat in front of a campfire not knowing that the logs were treated chemically which sent me to the ER for a form of carbon monoxide poisoning and 9 months later continue to have problems.  Went to see a Heart Dr, Pulmonoligist and and allery DR and still no end to it.  So frustrating BUT, I never picked up a smoke.

So my friend, life isn't treating me well until I find a DR to solve all these problems.  

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@Ralph1955 Life can sure throw some curve balls at us, but that one is so unexpected.  I sure hope you can get some relief. I never realized until recently that inhaling burning wood in general is bad for your health. 

"Wood smoke is made up of over 100 different chemicals and compounds including particulates, carbon monoxide, methane, volatile organic compounds (VOCs), dioxins, lead, cadmium and arsenic. It contains harmful toxins and other substances known to cause cancer."  It's even equated to smoking cigarettes.   I used to like a wood fire, but I can't stand the smell anymore.

Glad you didn't smoke over it.  My brother just passed away recently after 7 months in and out of the hospital.  It can be a challenge at times not to smoke when when it's a new life event for the first time after quitting.  

Wishing you the best outcome.

Barb

Ralph1955

We do foolish things when we have a few drinks in us. I sat in front of the campfire for 3 days and it wasn’t until I saw the bag with a Warning about the chemically treated logs that I realized uh oh. 
 I have been congested ever since and all the doctors keep saying is it’s Allergies. I say BB on thatI’m so sorry to hear about your brother.  Just terrible.  Sending prayers to you.

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome back and congratulations on your marraige and new (adorable!) Maltese!

Hope you can find a good doctor to help you with your health concerns and so happy to hear you didn't smoke when times got tough!

~Margaret, EX Community Admin Team

EX Community Admin Team
Ralph1955

Thank you. I’m not a quitter so I’ll find Someone who has answers.  Growing older is Not fun 

0 Kudos
MarilynH

It's super fantastic to see you @Ralph1955 congratulations on your nuptials that's awesome! Your maltese is adorable! 

Ralph1955

Great seeing you too. We figured after 42 years together that it was time 😁. How’ve you been?

MarilynH

I'm not doing too bad thanks for asking @Ralph1955 😁 I agree with you that after 42 years it was time 😁 Mark and I were together 7 years before we got married we both were married once before though I thought 7 years was along time! 😁 I'm very happy for you, don't be a stranger okay! 😁