cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Grammy25

Worried about quit date

I do really want to quit smoking; but I am not looking forward to my quit date which is August 31st! I am afraid that I won’t be able to quit on that date and it is causing me to have anxiety! 

Are there any suggestions that can help me?

Thank you 

0 Kudos
53 Replies
Mommamich

Not sure how much help this will be however I reminded myself how I took the bottle, pacifier and blanket away from my kids when they were too old to still use them.  I put a pacifier by my cigs to remind myself how strong my children were which then  reminded me of my courage and determination and that if my babies could get over their cravings I can get over mine.  Don't worry about if you can do it, enjoy your final smoke, set it up right and then say good bye to your old friend and start your new journey.  Every craving will get easier to handle as time goes on and you will be stronger each day.  You've got this dear!

Grammy25

Thank you for sharing your story!

So far so good

Mommamich

You got this sweetheart. Just go hour by hour and keep a photo of your babies near to remind you why you are doing this.

0 Kudos
Grammy25

Sorry I had to change my quit date to September 1 which is tomorrow!

That is a really good idea of having a picture by me at all times. I finally got my Allen Barr book Easy Way To Stop Smoking and will start reading it tonight (I will put a picture in it as a bookmark . Thank you

0 Kudos
elvan

You are going to have to jump in, the water might seem cold at first but you will not only get used to it, you will LOVE it.  Freedom is amazing, you CAN do this.  Don't allow excuses to come between you and your quit...this takes commitment and it is one day at a time.  Quitting is a one day at a time journey and sometimes has to be one experience or one feeling at a time but it CAN be done and it is worth it.

Ellen

Grammy25

Thank you for the encouragement

0 Kudos
elvan

You are very welcome...you CAN do this, believe in yourself!  Lean on us, we will be here.

Ellen

0 Kudos
Grammy25

Thank you

0 Kudos
BryceEvans

Don’t make your quit date a bad day, make it a great one. Schedule to do something that day that you really enjoy.    for example, on my quit date I went out kayaking all day. Didn’t think much of smoking anyway. 

Grammy25

Thank you for sharing your experience

0 Kudos