cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Grammy25

Changing my quit date

I am sorry to say I guess I wasn’t as prepared as I thought! I found a open pack of cigarettes and smoked them!

I decided that my new quit date is tomorrow September 1 and this time I am sticking to it!

I want off of the nightly oxygen that I have been on for 3 months now and I will have a better chance of that if I totally quit smoking!

I will definitely be turning to all of you if I feel that I am going to fail again before lighting up!

Thank you for understanding 

35 Replies
YoungAtHeart

So happy you are starting right back in.  I know I don't need to remind you that your oxygen will become 24/7 if you don't quit - and lugging that thing around behind you, or keeping tubing straightened out is a BIG pain in the butt.

This time do a search and be sure there are NO leftovers just sitting around waiting to catch you in their traps.  ALL need to be gone tonight!  So - you had a  lighter still around?  They need to go, too.

Try to think about your thoughts when you made the decision to smoke them instead of drowning them in water or coming here and asking for help.  Make a plan NOW what you will do differently when those thoughts reappear - and they very well might.

Let's get it done THIS time - let me know if I can help!

Nancy

Grammy25

Thank you so much!

I already have a different plan on how to start my day off tomorrow; but I will definitely ask if I need help

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Grammy25‌ Way to set a goal for yourself. 

You can update your quit date by following directions in Re: How do I get my quit date to show on the community?

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Grammy25

Thank you

0 Kudos
Grammy25

Thank you!

I already updated my quit date

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Click (https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/logout.jspa ) and then log back in and your quit date should be updated. I still see 8/31/18.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Grammy25

I did what you ask and it says September 1

0 Kudos
Mandolinrain

I am sorry you smoked but I am HAPPY you are getting right back on track! Meanwhile, do a real good search in and around your house and make sure no hidden temptations are lurking! Glad your here

0 Kudos
Grammy25

Thank you

0 Kudos