cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

What's YOUR anti-crave?

I know that just like me every single one of you august quitters has found that when you are sitting there, with idle time, you start thinking about having one. The best thing to do is to not have much idle time. Occupy your mind and body with something. If its a beautiful evening, grab the dog, or cat, or alligator and go for a walk. Get to know your neighbors. Do some gardening. You'd be surprised what can become such a moment of zen for you and helping you beat those damn cravings.
I have found the joy of crocheting and loom knitting. Loom knitting is so much fun and it really grabs my mind and makes me focus on it instead of "you know, just ONE wont hurt me". You can get a knifty knitter at any walmart, michaels, target, any store that has a decent arts n crafts section.
I highly recommend starting something like tai chi. A very meditative form of martial arts. You can buy instruction dvd's just about anywhere. Be prepared for the soreness though. You might think its easy but you will feel the burn after!
I wish you all the best of luck in staying smoke free. If you need any help let me know. Im a tough love kind of quitter. hehehe.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
0 Replies