cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

joyeuxencore

We all hang out in the blogs…

Post a blog to introduce yourself to the community!

On the top left of YOUR PAGE

click on ‘BLOG’

click on ‘WRITE A BLOG’

Type in a title

Type your blog and click on the red ‘PUBLISH’ tab on the left

Sometimes if you type a lot the blog will time out and you will lose what you wrote so I always type and spell correct my blogs in a word processing program and copy & paste them in the blog…

0 Kudos
5 Replies
heidi38

This is my last day as a smoker. Tomorrow I begin my life as a non smoker. Free of that monkey on my back. I am looking forward to tomorrow. I will not be controlled by any ONE or any THING.  I make my own choices. 

0 Kudos

Good for you Heidi! I have chose today as my last day of smoking, actually only have 2 or 3 left and not buying another pack. I have attempted at least 6xs this year to quit and failed. I keep failing my family, myself, and first and foremost my Father in Heaven and I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me! And so can you!

0 Kudos
longear

I've been 30 days smoke free.  After 33 years of smoking this is huge for me, never thought I could do it for a few days , much less a month.  But I did have help and really want to share with everyone things I did.  First , find someone in your life who will support you, including calling you everyday to encourage and see how you are doing.  DRINK water, ideally with lemon. it helps.  If coffee is a trigger, clean your mouth immediatly after driinking cup, I started with brushing my teeth the first few days, but changed this to veggie juice, which killed the craving and I stopped needing as much coffee (another bonus).  If you can start juicing and lots of vitamin C as well.  Smoking depletes vitamin C and between this and the water it helped to get the nicotine out of my body that first week and following weeks were all overcoming my mental bull&*+.  Finally but not least; If you are like me and you struggle with periods of depression.  I  began taking Welbutrin a couple of weeks before I quit.  It has helped a bit with weight gain, but it helped a lot with feelings of depression.  Every EX smoker I've spoken to had experienced depression (loss) like me.  Us smokers think cigarettes are our freinds, obviously NOT, freinds dont kill friends.  This is not to say all cravings go away after 30 days, I'm still working at it but it does get a LOT easier.  I find now hours will go by and I will remember I use to smoke and marvel that I dont want one and sometimes its the opposite.  Just take a deep breath or a breath mint and suck it up (no punn intended).  I truly hope this helps someone out there trying to quit!!!!!!  PS, daily text messages from EX are also helpful!!!!

0 Kudos
iaviksfan

Funny, it say this was posted on Dec 1969. did this site even exist then? let alone home computers. Ha

0 Kudos
kloud9

keep it goin on amijudah, YOU CAN DO THIS...............

0 Kudos