cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

mrychi

Is this the welcome forum? Well, hello out there

I want to quit smoking, I set the date for the 30th.  I have a problem with support, I don't want to tell my mom that I'm quitting, yet again.  I hope I can make some friends in here.  Best wishes! 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
shemeakie25

Hi and welcome. I'm sure u will make plenty of friends here. Good idea to wait with your mom too if there is no support there. This may be one of those things you are gone hev to prove yourself with. Good luck and I will be touching bases wtih u to offer support.. Just yell if u need someone to chat with during this struggle..

0 Kudos
mrychi

thank u, very much.  I've been working a lot lately, and havnt been paying much attention to quit prep.  But usually when I'm smoking, I bring up thoughts from Allan (or is it Allen?) Carr's book, psyching myself up for quitting

0 Kudos
afraidtoquit

except for answering like this i don't know how to post. what i need help with is the mind stuff. physically i can do it but it's the mind craving that always makes me fail. please help me.

0 Kudos
mrychi

Ask the veterans, I've put off my quit date again.  Allen Carr's book might help you

Best to you

0 Kudos