Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Syddlebugz

Wanting to Quit but boyfriend wants to wait

Jump to solution

So here’s the issue,

My boyfriend and I are sort of trying to get pregnant but not really until we move in together. We’re both serious about it but we both vape. I want to quit but he suggested us hold off and keep vaping until we actually get serious about getting pregnant when we move in together. We’re not preventing so I’m considering it trying to get pregnant.

I think we both like vaping i because it’s a fun thing we like to do together. At the same time I just want to get pregnant. What if I get pregnant while I’m vaping? I’m hurting our unborn child if I do and not know that I’m pregnant yet. 

I just don’t know what to say to my boyfriend honestly. I’m sort of wanting to post this for advice I guess. 
mic y’all have any advice, please comment! I’ll take anything I can get. 

Also if I quit, I want him to quit with me. Even if it’s just for a bit for him. 

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Barbscloud

@Syddlebugz Welcome to the Ex.   Getting pregnant is a great reason to quit, but an even better reason is to quit for you and your health.  As for the boyfriend, this is about your quit, no one else's.  You can only take responsibility for yourself.  If he continues to vape, ask him to please not do it around you.   

You can do it.  This is a great place to learn about nicotine addiction and to plan your quit.

https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

Barb

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Barbscloud

@Syddlebugz Welcome to the Ex.   Getting pregnant is a great reason to quit, but an even better reason is to quit for you and your health.  As for the boyfriend, this is about your quit, no one else's.  You can only take responsibility for yourself.  If he continues to vape, ask him to please not do it around you.   

You can do it.  This is a great place to learn about nicotine addiction and to plan your quit.

https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

Barb

0 Kudos
Syddlebugz

Thank you, I’ll try and do that. 

maryfreecig

Is there any chance that you would consider quitting for yourself? Or are you tied 100% to the idea that you and your boyfriend must quit together? 

Maybe vaping is fun right now, but someday it won't be for many reason's. You are already addicted and when you have to face quitting an addiction the fun ends.

If you want support in quitting Ex will be here for you now, or later when you make a decision.

0 Kudos