cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Vaping now ugghh

Jump to solution

I was FINALLY able to quit smoking cigarettes the weekend of Mother’s Day. Now I’m vaping. Which helped immensely, but how do I stop vaping?? I do it everywhere which makes it that much harder to stop. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Puffin1953

I decided to try to quit vaping too. Because you can use vaping so much easier than smoking I would vape all the time. But I recently noticed that I would step away from my friends/family to vape much more than I did when I smoked. I realized I was thinking about vaping all the time. I’m just on day 3 and decided to use the patch for a while  we can do this 😀🙏🏻

View solution in original post

Barbscloud

@Puffin1953 Welcome to the Ex.  It's not "just" day 3.  It's fabulous day 3. Glad the patch is helping you. I used 2 aids and it made the physical withdrawal so much easier

Read the material already suggested above in this post to help maintain your quit.

We're here for you cheering you on, so reach out anytime  you want to share or need some support.

Join many of us on the Daily Pledge to stay on track one day at a time.

Stay busy and stay close.

Barb

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
biscuit9

Sounds like you need to get rid of this addiction, once and for all.  At one time, I tried to switch over to vaping, because it was a healthier choice, so I thought.  As you can see, it was all a lie. Vaping is not better and it still delivers nic and harms us.  Read and learn, so you can choose your tools for quitting.

Barbscloud

@hopeful209_2323 Welcome to the Ex and congrats on your desire to quit.

No matter the source, nicotine is an addictive chemical. The fact that you can vape almost anywhere and that you're probably getting more nicotine than from smoking, doesn't make it any easier.

The same principles to quit smoking will apply to your quit. It's important to educate yourself about nicotine and have a quit plan. Knowledge and preparation have been made quitting possible for many of us. I never did neither in the past and I was never successful. I was planning my quit this time and found the Ex a week before my quit date. I finally learned how to quit and how important support from other quitters can be. Read lots of material on the site. This link is a great place to start.

Quitting Guides

Believe in yourself that you can do it. Approaching your quit one day at a time helps to alleviate much of the anxiety we experience when we think about quitting.

We're here to support you so reach out anytime you need help, want to share your experience, and to support other quitters.

Look forward to celebrating with you on the 17th and many milestones to come.

Glad you found us!  Stay busy and stay close.

Barb

0 Kudos
maryfreecig

Quitting nicotine is something that takes making a decision, making a plan, getting ready, taking action. Please understand that you changed your nicotine method, not your nicotine addiction. This time around you'll be dealing with ending the drug dependency altogether. Good news, it's doable, millions and millions have quit successfully.

As you decide and plan your quit, stack the cards in your favor--choose a quit plan that works for you. NRT? Daily visits to Ex? A list of tips and tricks that you choose to follow will help you refocus especially in the first few weeks.

You can do this. Give yourself a little time, think about it, work for it. You will be glad you did.

Screenshot 2023-01-11 at 9.34.24 PM.png

Thank you

0 Kudos
Puffin1953

I decided to try to quit vaping too. Because you can use vaping so much easier than smoking I would vape all the time. But I recently noticed that I would step away from my friends/family to vape much more than I did when I smoked. I realized I was thinking about vaping all the time. I’m just on day 3 and decided to use the patch for a while  we can do this 😀🙏🏻

Barbscloud

@Puffin1953 Welcome to the Ex.  It's not "just" day 3.  It's fabulous day 3. Glad the patch is helping you. I used 2 aids and it made the physical withdrawal so much easier

Read the material already suggested above in this post to help maintain your quit.

We're here for you cheering you on, so reach out anytime  you want to share or need some support.

Stay busy and stay close.

Barb

0 Kudos