cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

janet

Trying Again

In my 31 years, I have not tried 100 times. I have tried over 10 times, desperately trying to end my addiction to cigarettes. My willpower strong until my back pain, my Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) started acting up. Knowing my health issue fears....it was all about pain, severe pain always took me back to smoking....The pain with smoking was always duller and when I had to deal with the sharp pain..I am a former chronic pain sufferer...I would choose a cigarette over the prescribed medication. Knowing my downfall I have herbal supplements in place to help me with my back pain, supplements to help with my IBS and if all else fail, I do have prescribed medications. On April 1. 2009 when I quit, I ave everything I need to stay quit.
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
42 Replies
katheen

i decided to join this group because i have tried several times in the past. i'm just not ready yet eventhough i keep on trying. i fell on my arm back in occt. the 27th and now i'm waiting for the insurence to decide if i need surgery or not. my neighbor suggested for me to wait until after that before i quit smoking and i thank she may be right on that one.my name is kathleen or kathy fot short i have even gone be kat before for even a shorter version.

0 Kudos
smokeless17

well I am still on this quit and seem to be going strong. I am going to try to stay on it and not go back to smoking some days it seems so hard, but I am tired of the cigerate controlling me

0 Kudos
pcpartridge

Hello everyone,

My name is Paul and I have tried to quit so many times in the past that I have lost count. Besides, I don't think I can count that high if I took off my shoes and socks, lol. Anyway, this quit is different because I decided I wanted to quit and I wasn't pressured into quitting. I know it is going to be hard. Hell, the last three days have been difficult. I am using an electronic cigarette so I can still feed all the aspects of my addiction while using a nicotine step-down system.

It will take a few months to eleminate the nicotine completely, but this is the best I have ever felt and this is definetly the most possitive action I have ever taken towards having any support at all. I will make sure I take full advantage of this site.

0 Kudos