cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

janet

Trying Again

In my 31 years, I have not tried 100 times. I have tried over 10 times, desperately trying to end my addiction to cigarettes. My willpower strong until my back pain, my Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) started acting up. Knowing my health issue fears....it was all about pain, severe pain always took me back to smoking....The pain with smoking was always duller and when I had to deal with the sharp pain..I am a former chronic pain sufferer...I would choose a cigarette over the prescribed medication. Knowing my downfall I have herbal supplements in place to help me with my back pain, supplements to help with my IBS and if all else fail, I do have prescribed medications. On April 1. 2009 when I quit, I ave everything I need to stay quit.
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
42 Replies
hillegal

Iam on my 332nd time to quit and I am setting my new quit date on April 6th. my longest quit is two weeks. I want to win this time.
0 Kudos
chris221

Ok I have set my date, April 9th 2011! I have my plan, cold turkey. It's not as bad as you think, the first 3 days will be the hardest but i know what to expect. I know my craving for just one puff will be strong and often the first few days. But as I start building up days without a puff,  I will be able to really notice how good an apple tastes or how great my hair smells. I will do this for me! I can do this for my health! I will do this for my family! I can do this for my bank account!

0 Kudos
froguelady

Keep the thought of your quit date and quit before, I did .  Have been smokefree for 12 days and I am finally losing

the craving most of the time.  I know reading the post and comments really help me, as alot of the stories are

encouraging.  The bank account helps also.

0 Kudos
lois13

my quit date is 29 of March, i have tried so many times in the last 2 yearsi lot count, i want give up,  leys do this one day at a time

0 Kudos
chris221

Lois I know how you feel, tried everything several pills, pathes, gum. Cold turkey worked best for me and that's my plan this time. Don't give up, we don't need a puff we need to smell good! Let' come out of this smelling like roses! 🙂

And frogquelady i used this site before when I went cold turkey and yes it does help. It's hard to talk to the people in your life about quitting when you have tried and failed before. They always have a look on there face just waiting for you to fail. No faces, or eye rolling here just support, we are all going through the same thing. Staying strong for yourself and others here is the answer! I will not fail, not this time. It's for me! I'm doing this for me, I want this, I can do this.We can fight the craving because one day they do just become a thought!

0 Kudos
froguelady

I am at day 13, I have been xing the day on my wall calendar and that feels good. I stay on this site most of the time I get to spend on pc.  It helps to know that others have the same trouble quitting that I have.  I have quit so many times but always find myself starting again, so just know you are not alone, its scary to think I will never smoke another cig, as I have been doing for over 50 years.  Just hang in there, we can do this one day at a time.

0 Kudos
froguelady

I haven't seen anyone on here lately except me, where are you and how are you doing ?  I am at day 16 and so far so good and bad, good I've quit, bad I still want to smoke sometimes.  I'm going to win this time.

0 Kudos
barrandc

I'm new here.  I stopped smoking when last week the doctors told me they found a lesion on my left lung.  Althought I know its there, its not stopping me from wanting a smoke!  I know I need to give it up for good, but its so hard!  How do you find the will power within to do this?

Christine

0 Kudos
chris221

Today is my day, day 1! I have been up for awhile, feeling ok a little light headed. I want want want a cig, but NO NO NO! I will spend my day on here and cleaning my house. I have a couple books to keep me busy when the cleaning gets old. Stay busy, need to stay busy. Oh and I got me lots of goodies, I hope they last for more than a day!  One day at a time, breathe! i can do this!

0 Kudos