cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

janet

Trying Again

In my 31 years, I have not tried 100 times. I have tried over 10 times, desperately trying to end my addiction to cigarettes. My willpower strong until my back pain, my Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) started acting up. Knowing my health issue fears....it was all about pain, severe pain always took me back to smoking....The pain with smoking was always duller and when I had to deal with the sharp pain..I am a former chronic pain sufferer...I would choose a cigarette over the prescribed medication. Knowing my downfall I have herbal supplements in place to help me with my back pain, supplements to help with my IBS and if all else fail, I do have prescribed medications. On April 1. 2009 when I quit, I ave everything I need to stay quit.
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
42 Replies
aokay

hi, this is day four for me, this time around.  I'm trying so hard to not make that trip to the store and keep it together.  I have smoked for 21 years.  I have quit smoking five times not counting this time.  I successfully quit smoking and never missed a thing with two pregnancies but of course I started back as soon as I was done nursing.  About two years ago, I quit for certain.  My husband and children were so happy...until I caved after loosing my cool with the kids one morning.  I'm really over the anxiety and chitters and mental confusion (which was Bad the second day)....but I still want to go to my basement, hide from the choas and just smoke.  I know that there is no nicotine making me crazy today...so - How do you get past the personal want?

0 Kudos
yinnie

My name is Yinnie. I have tried to quit so many times it is rediculous. I feel like I can't live with it/can't live without it. And I have a lot of time on my hands so it's all I think about and it has become my best friend and worst enemy. Please Help!

0 Kudos
ljay

Hello my name is Lacanas

I am trying once again to  quit. I am calm at the moment. I wrote on my blog that I am doing this for my family...so that I can be around longer...I am also doing this for me...because I am important. I must not forget this.

0 Kudos
barbara16

Hello All,

I can't remember how many times I've attempted to quit.  My longest quit has been 3 months and then I relapse.  Maybe it's due to lack of asking for help and turning to this site.  This time I really want to  and need to quit.  I'm tired of worrying about getting cancer and worry all the time about this pain in my throat that I 've had.  This is my 1st day and I am talking this quit very serious.  I hope to meet some good people here and looking for some positive support..  I don't want to go through this again--this is it!

0 Kudos
j-nette

Hi all

just checkin in

letting everyone know that I'm on day 12.

And all is going good

0 Kudos
j-nette

Hi all

just checkin in

letting everyone know that I'm on day 12.

And all is going good

0 Kudos
tabora

its day 16 for me and I am stressed and irritated

my kids are excited I have quite but no comment from the husband, which only irritates me more. I feel like I am being punished and my friends who  are nonsmokers are no help at all.

Need to pick up my son from cousins house as he went to the beach with them but dread going up, they are heavy smokers and I just don't want the pressure, or the looks when I don't smoke.

yes I can do this just wondering if anyone can relate

0 Kudos
barbara16

Well started over and didn't want to post that I relapsed.  This is my 8th day of not one puff and have had several tests and made it!!  I hope and pray that this is it!  I don't want to ever go through this again and will keep and protect my quit this time. I'm finally starting to feel so much better and pray to God for any help...

The chains of this addiction are being broke one link at a time.

0 Kudos
clemsongirl57

Hi,my name is Merle.Today is day three for me leading up to my quit date which is Dec.!,2011 I have been smoking for 35 years and have tried a couple of times in the past to quit,but I had no one to encourage me or the help I needed.Then I found this program and this time I'm really going to quit,I take one day at a time.I know it won't be easy but with God beside me I WILL  rid myself of these nasty,harmful things.I'm glad to know I can be apart of a group that will be there for me.

God Bless

0 Kudos
smokeless17

this is day three for me It is easy for me to not smoke for the first three days but after that it starts getting harder. This time my husband is quitting with me so I am not going alone, if we dont strangle each other it will be a miracle.  I dont know why I go back to it, I seem to always crave it  I always say I am tired of the smoke controling me but hopefully this time I can break it and stay quit

0 Kudos