cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

linzhamil

Today is day 1 for me

I am more nervous than anything.  Not really nervous about messing up and smoking, just nervous about wanting to smoke and thinking about it all day.  Any words of advice?  i am not always busy all day at work...so my mind wanders 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
loriisanEx

Congratulations!  I am halfway through day 2.  You sound like you'are confident  in your descision not  to smoke whichis great!  My only  word of advcie which I am trying to follow myself  is not  to focus on not  smoking, but replace the times you would normally smoke with something else.  Take a short walk around the job, drink a glass of water, take ten slow deep breaths.   Hoepfully  these new healthier  habits will replace the old unhealthy  smoking habit.

Good luck !

0 Kudos
mel_74

I am on Day 1. I am using a patch and have handled cravings pretty good. However I am worried about in the morning- sadly my first trigger of the day is waking up... Then the drive to work. I pray I can do this and get passed this horrible addiction!
0 Kudos
beauty49

Congratulations!

At some point in ones life we have to set goals these goal must be achieved my goal is to stop smoking. I know it will be a challege however it must be done inorder to have a health life. So keep going what you do in order to stop smoking.   

0 Kudos