cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

tarrah84

How is everyone doing?

I am on day 4 now and I have to say I am very proud of myself but also a little disappointed. I am still having daily slips, which amounts to smoking about a whole cigarette each day. However, I am super porud of myself that I have brought that count down from a whole pack, sometimes pack and a half. Also, today, my boss invited me over to talk after work and her and her husband smoke like freight trains. I was there for 2 hours around their smoking and not once did I ask to bum a cigarette or even puff on my electronic cigarette. Sure, I thought about smoking, but I fought the urge. 🙂

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Great job! That must have been so hard! I think I'll have to stay away from smokers for a bit.

0 Kudos
lvs2rock

Day 13 for me!

It was extremely rough in the beginning, but I am much better now. I have gotten a highly increased appetite, to which I have been entertaining. But I am on some new meds for my nerve pain and that of course can cause cravings to eat! Ugh...not to be discouraged! I will make a better effort to concentrate on celery and things like that. Other than that I am quite proud of myself. I saw the demon and sent him packing, Now, I know that he will be back when I least expect him at stressful times. I am confident that I can knock him out of the park again because I have learned so much. I am not overly confident by any stretch. I just went through the worst withdrawals ever! I came out on the correct side and never intend on going through that ever again!  Just say no! NOPE!

Cheri

6/8/13

0 Kudos