cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

healthy4life

Today I Learned...

Today I learned that if I come across an old pack or a lone butt, to destroy it, dump water on it, smash it, ruin it...IMMEDIATELY. Don't think twice, don't even give temptation a chance to take up space in my head. If this happens, I want this to be my instinctual automatic response. I may even go psycho on it, expressing how angry I would be for it to invade my space!

Tags (1)
7 Replies
healthy4life

I also learned the importance of quieting the mind, and just breathing through any anxiety. Slow deep inhale to the count of 4, pause to the count of 4, slowly inhale to the count of 4, and pause for a count of 4. I just let it all melt away when I exhale. Of course, you don't have to do the 4-count breathing method. There are many ways to meditate.

0 Kudos

I learned that 62%  of former smokers say that they did it by cold turkey! The next method is the patch with 5%! E cigs comes in at 3%. 

0 Kudos
healthy4life

Today I learned how to do a bunch of page edits, including changing my username! My new friend Shawn has all the info on her page (plus TONS more). I will be visiting her page frequently, here is the link: 

http://community.becomeanex.org/pg/profile/bex_user_572107

Thank you!!!!

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

Hell I learned that George Cloony is off the market. His wife is an ex-smoker - who would have thunk?

0 Kudos
healthy4life

Today I learned that my addiction only has as much power as I give it. And when a crave hits, I need only acknowledge it, remind myself I don't smoke anymore, and let it go. K.I.S.S. Keep It Super Simple 

0 Kudos
livingonfaith

I learned to love the beauty of simplicity

0 Kudos
renaissance

I like your post.

I am learning that I do not need to smoke!!!

0 Kudos