cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

jodi5

Tips & Tricks

The worst time for me...first thing after waking..and last before bed!! I keep telling myself why I want to do this...but those times I keep falling...Help!!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
121 Replies
diddy

Hi. I am 52 years old and have been smoking only when I drink since I was 20. I absolutely CRAVE cigerettes when I am out drinking with friends or at a party without my husband. I don't crave them when I go to dinner with him and have drinks. So situational for me!!

For the past 5 or so years, I have recorded when I smoke and it has been an average of 2 - 3 times per month, anywhere from 1 to 7 cigs at a time.

Does anyone out there have the same problem? Would love to talk!!

0 Kudos
msweldon

This site helps me when I am having the urge to smoke. I can come to my computer and look at the blogs and know that everyone here is fighting the same thing. I love the N.O.P.E Thanks for that.....

0 Kudos
flutterby360

I am new and still learning my way around the site.  What is N.O.P.E.  Love to read the blogs as well.

0 Kudos
airmanbiker

What does N.O.P.E. stand for?

0 Kudos
wanttolive

Hey, would like to be a member of this group. This site is the best. Unable to say there's no support here! If you need help and live with non-smokers ( who really don't understand, bless there hearts.)  This is the place to be. Thanks.

0 Kudos
sunny_sandyd

You can quit smoking! I quit Feb 17 2010. At first it is really hard, but it will get better. Go to my page and check out the relapse trap group. Also one of my friends if Sheri. She is great. Most days she writes a blog. Very posotive stuff. Keep coming to this web site and don't give up. I'm Sunny_Sandy d and its nice to meet you.

0 Kudos
kdru111

Nice to meet you Sandy, as you know Im Kevin. I relapsed, by having 1 cigerette yesterday, and 2 today. I do want to quit smoking, so I asked the question can a person have a smoke? Realize the idiotic decision, then go right back to not smoking? Well I got slammed! So, I did choose to become an ex.org and will stick with it. Before yesterday it was 10 days without a cigerette. Well I have learned you can't just have one. Its an all or nothing proposition. So Today is a relapse day, staying " honest" learned from my mistake and moving on. Thanks for your support, I hope I will continue to hear from you again. TAke care and all the best Kevin

0 Kudos
mamadragon08

My name is Lorisa I am 26 years old and I have a year and a half old daughter and a loving man. The reason why I am on here is I want to quit smoking I want to better myself and not put my daughter at risk from the third hand smoke.

0 Kudos
mariposa652

Hello all, i am new here, but not new to trying to quit,, have been smoking for like 30 years and always trying  to quit, but i know i can do it now, i have to, i'm 47 and have gone to smoking more than usual lately , so i'm always doing the throat clearing thing (ugh) and my throat feels very scratchy,,,,and cigs combined with some of the meds i take are making my mouth taste and smell awful!!!!   my last cigarette was last night at 1 a.m. so its been 15 hours 18 minutes. thank u for having me and look forward to hangin out here and the other groups as well. Lorisa, i wish u lots of luck and strength, dont spend so many years on this vice as i did and enjoy life without worrying about what consequences it will have on u and your family's life.

0 Kudos
nana9

I am a bit weaker than I thought.  I quit for just 8 days.  Dumb; I know, so now I have changed my quit day to June 10th.  I should be able to get this.  I really enjoy smoking; but, I know the awful affects.   I am ready.  I tried the patches,,gum, mints.  I am sure that I can do the patches again.  Maybe if I start telling as many people that I know...Hey I quit.  That may help.

0 Kudos