cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

ktnz

So far, Not So Good!

Hi everyone, I'm having a whole lot of problems with the non-supportive people in my life. Not only do I feel like I have no support,  I actually feel like I'm being sabotaged.

Example: Boyfriend "hiding" cigarettes in mixing bowls that I use to cook with everyday. Family offering cigarettes if I sound "moody" and even worse than that, totally picking fights with me. Tonight  unfortunately, I slipped up   1. Because I had access to them and 2. My plan for dealing with difficult people failed.  I tried walking away, taking a bath and walking away again. Each time I feel like I was being provoked.  At this time I'm even to the point of reconsidering my relationships completely. Anyone have any tips on how to deal with very difficult  people?   Good  Luck  To All Of  You!!!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
joyeuxencore

Hi...you can learn not to smoke "AT" people....we can help!

We all hang out in blogs.

Click the link and come join us! xo

http://community.becomeanex.org/mod/blog/everyone.php

0 Kudos
realmadrid85

Hi, thanks for sharing that. I feel Im being sabotoged sometimes too. Ever since I started using any form of substance I have felt that way. I stopped everything except nicotine for a while, then recently stared drinking a little. I think the paranoia is a complex problem. Maybe it exists...maybe other people are just sort of stupid and dont realize what they do to trigger those feelings. Maybe it doesnt really exist but is a symptom of withdrawel. 

Maybe its any number of things. I do try to avoid people who bother me like that, but I cant avoid everyone forever. I guess I just have to do the best I can and ignore their behaviors and what they say that bothers me. 

Have you tried any stop smoking aids? Pills and ecigs have helped me...but I still havent quit all the way. The past two weeks I was dipping almost every day. I was actually trying to quit the lozenges (I think they can still build up on in your organs...or at least keep you hooked on needing that buzz). Thought I could just dip occasionally and switch things up. I got fed up with the dipping tho. I know how bad it is and have been fighting it for several years now. Thats why I came to the site. 

I warched those videos by that doctor. It was comforting to hear that nicotine itself does not cause cancer and I should use the lozenges or whatever as long as I need to. I'm gonna stick to that credo. 

I just got some gum now at 2 mg - I usually got 4 mg lozenges. Maybe the fact that I dont like the gum as much will help too. I also liked the tip about using things in combination. I didnt do that before.

Well theres my all-mighty nicotine head rant lol...maybe a problem with us nicotine people...overconfident from the dopamine! 

Keep nicotine free!

0 Kudos
kloud9

hi, ktnz ........

it must not be fun to be around people who purposly do what they can to get to to continue when you want to quit......and i have no real answer for that 

Except to tell you that they are the ones with the problem. Seriously, Think about it why would anyone stop you from improving your life if, there isn't some area ov their life that they can't or won't improve on in theirs.........

They are afraid you might succeed and then they will be left behind.....

Get yaself a tennis ball and next time they tempt you or you are tempted break the cig and squeeze the hell out of the tennis ball

keep us posted ..........i got ya bax

0 Kudos
ktnz

This is wonderful-  and it not only quitting smoking, it's also helping with a total lifestyle overhaul. Recently, I was reading an article about people being either  "Basement People" that bring you down or they are "Attic People" who bring you up. It feels so much better that I've been able to stay away.

* time to stop hanging out in basement -  Thank You Thank You,  Attic People 😉

0 Kudos
pclark

I have not smoked for 22 days.  I don't feel that some triggers are getting  easier to avoid.  I have tried lozenges and I wear a patch but sometimes I get almost mad because I want to smoke so bad.  Does anyone else having similar problems?

0 Kudos