cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

jodi5

Tips & Tricks

The worst time for me...first thing after waking..and last before bed!! I keep telling myself why I want to do this...but those times I keep falling...Help!!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
121 Replies
tweetilyn

Hello every one. Just a quick comment before I head off to work. My biggest trigger is...driving to work. It is a 45 minute drive and I am going to try to wait until I get there to light up. For the last week or so, whenever I have smoked in the car, I have been putting it out like half way so I do have hope that I can do this. Thanks for letting me share.
0 Kudos
jada

Mornings for me is the absolute hardest time of day! I hope that I can find something else to do in the AM, and I have that cup o coffee! If I can get through the mornings I should be fine for the rest of the day. Cross your fingers!
0 Kudos
reva-burke

Im new and want to quit badly! I smoke a pack of Menthol ciggarettes a day. I would like to make friends on here and learn more about quiting! I set a quit date for August 30th. which is my birthday!
0 Kudos
dolly

RE: NANNY TRIGGER

I quit a week ago and didn't realize this trigger. I have a nanny come once a week to watch my baby while I get caught up on business (and smoking). When she showed up yesterday (I thought I'd done with the really bad cravings after 5 days) I was DYING to go outside and smoke! Dying! When she comes I know I can go out and smoke without worrying about the baby. Wonderful smokes. That was a HARD one. Can't believe I got through it. Knowing and recognizing that her being there was a trigger, really helped me to understand the addiction. I figure her showing up was simply sending signals to the addiction center in my brain. Kind of interesting, actually. I have a full week tonight, so hopefully the really bad triggers have all happened already! 🙂
0 Kudos
reva-burke

Hey! Everyone please add me as a friend I have been feeling so alone latley... My spouse doesn't smoke and my Father smokes like a chain! We are all living together right now and its so hard to get support from either one of them because one doesn't understand and the other one is a lifetime smoker who doesn't want to quit! So I have no one... I talked to a coach from the Quitline twice now but have been having some problems with procrastination and excuses! I really want to quit though. I currently smoke a pack a day of Menthol cigs and tryed to change to non-methol but they made me very nauseated so I went back to Menthol and picked up back where I left off! Im not qualified for any nicotine medicine and cannot afford it right now being that I currently am laid off from work for a month! I have to much time on my hands being stuck at home and am not sure what to do with it. We are planning on moving soon my spouse and I and once we move I won't be around any smokers yay! But that won't be until the end of this month. Im going to start smoking only outside and see if that helps because I live on the fourth floor in an apartment building. Im also going to start tracking my cigs again and start a stress journal so wish me luck! Also, if you have any other ideas or advice that you have used to help yourself quit please let me know! I need all the help I can get right now! Thank You!
0 Kudos
lucie

So here's my latest thing. I'm ok when I'm around people -- I don't smoke because they expect I have stopped smoking -- then the minute I'm alone I light up. What an idiot. What the heck am I doing?
0 Kudos
jada

Lucie, don't feel bad! We all feel like that. It helps so much when others are around to help us through the hard times. You can do it and just remember not to beat yourself up about it or feel too guilty! You can do it!
0 Kudos
martha2

hi all. I'm new. My trigger is simple: it's my man. I can go all day without smoking and when he comes home, I look at him smoking and I want to do it. I also think of smoking when I'm bored or aggravated. Besides that, I'm fine without it. He's trying to quit too, I wish he'd hurry up...lol
0 Kudos
kristi4

Had my first cup of coffee in 8days. I did pretty good. Do u ever smell something and it reminds u of something in the past? Well, this coffee left a nasty taste in my mouth and reminded me of the pungant breath I must've had while smoking too.YUCK!
0 Kudos
patrick-marsh

my triggers are about everything!quit for 8m0 then started back up. about 6m0 ago keep putting off the quit date sure can lie to myself. but its hard for me i quit drinking thanks to a bleeding ulcer. help smokeing been with me for a long time must of quit 10 times now. thanks pat
0 Kudos