cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

jodi5

Tips & Tricks

The worst time for me...first thing after waking..and last before bed!! I keep telling myself why I want to do this...but those times I keep falling...Help!!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
121 Replies
jodig

Hello, I am also new here.  In fact my quit day is September 8th.  My husband is also going to give it a try.  We both have next week off and hopefully not much pressure other than getting on each other's nerves.  I can go for a couple of days at a time without having a cigarette and have many times, but then I get stressed at work or something and then I have one and that's it till the next time.  My husband actually had a lung scare and we have to do this.  I am planning on getting nicotine gum... any success stories on this?  Also, I get REALLY tired for a few days when I don't have cigarettes to the point where I just lay in bed.  I am going to mention the brushing teeth thing to my husband.  Any ideas for when at work, and a co-worker or something makes you mad, then going on break....  I have a real problem with that one.  I am also going to check on here regularly and hopefully do it this time!!

0 Kudos
DebiD

I read somewhere to drink acidic juice (orange, lemonaide...etc). Not sure what it's supposed to do, but I've been doing it and it seems to help. Can't hurt to try!

0 Kudos