cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

jodi5

Tips & Tricks

The worst time for me...first thing after waking..and last before bed!! I keep telling myself why I want to do this...but those times I keep falling...Help!!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
121 Replies
sexybaby1

i stopped smoking 20 days ago its the hardest thing i had to but i feel better cause i can breathe better and i feel less tired.

0 Kudos

The Groups (where you are now) and the forums are not well attended at all.  You could be here a long time before someone responds.  This site is very confusing, so we try to guide people to the Blogs  (top of page, next to groups).  The Blogs are where we all hang out 24/7.  We have success here, you can too.  We just have to get you to the blogs:)  Welcome!

0 Kudos
melz1978

Hello everyone! My quit date was Sept 29, 2010 and I am one week smoke-free 🙂  I have a facebook account and have added members from this support group! I cannot thank you all already for your continuous support! I may seem entusiastic but a gal needs some support here and there!  Please add me as a friend and let's be smoke free together one day ata time!

0 Kudos
willk4127

Hello Everyone,

I have just started the "becoming an Ex" plan and have many triggers. I don't want a pity party, but I figured that if I started smoking and got cancer or had a heartattack that I could put myself and the others in my family out of there misery. That was about 10 years ago that started and I have since learned that I am the one that makes my life what it is and how it goes. I have tried so many times to quit that I have actually lost track. I have a facebook page (William Keesee) and would to actually get to know that there are people out there that will help me when I actually get to that quit point.

I'm starting to get everything in order and will start the whole triggers list tomorrow before I go to work. I'm not going to try to quit right off the bat, but I just want to see how bad (and how many) my cigarette addiction has gotten to. I hope that I'm not that surprised.

Cheers to you all and wishing you the luck and prayers for you to get the Ex badge.

0 Kudos
lori2015

Hello, my name is Lori and I am in the process of preparing myself to stop smoking.  I quit last year with the help of Chantix but as my son's wedding date drew closer, I was stressed and started taking drags of cigarettes here and there and before I knew it I was buying a pack and smoking quite a few cigs a day.  I was very cocky and thought I could keep a handle on just smoking a few cigarettes.

I am now ready to take the step again but I don't think I will be able to afford the Chantix as my husband lost his job last month and all I have is a supplement to my Medicare coverage and they don't cover that particular drug.  I have to check to see what it would cost a month and compare with how much I save by not buying cigarettes.

I will be looking all around this site.  I look forward to meeting some new friends.

Lori

0 Kudos
angel-leigh

I feel as if I am on the verge of insanity.

Today has been a real drag for me. All I seemed to want to do is sleep. Not me at all, But then it is my first day.

I'm trying to quit with e cigs. and spacing them out from my craves.

Just can't seem to get it together.

0 Kudos
adz

Hello, this is my first day to try and get my life back with out smoking. I have smoked over 20 yrs, and i want to breathe again.

0 Kudos
rose18

Hi everyone,I am going on my second day,I have had some strong urges today,so came here to read for a bit before I get back to work. I tried this last Jan.1st cold turkey for 10 days,went through so much and then got weak..gave in' but ya know I learned from that experience,I want so much to be an x-smoker.  I am going to be!!

Good luck to you all,and when you get those strong urges,drop to your knees and pray,and do that everytime..

~Rose~

0 Kudos
frances

hi my is frances and yes iwant my life back istarted smokeing when i was fourteen im now 58 and i have copdstage4 with emyhmas i hope i spell that right  any im trying so hard  my husband works very hard he is never home  my home is fourteen hundren miles form we live here due to his job my son lives 2 hours from me and thats not bad i have a grandson he  is 5months old trying to fine things to keep me busy there is always the house work i can still do that with my breathing i do a little than stop, i talk to god everyday every hour every minten to quit

0 Kudos

Divine Intervetion praise the lord.

0 Kudos