cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

tattoofuel

TO QUIT WITHOUT DRAMA

ok so here i go ... not trying to invole anyone or anything for the reasons that I smoked or quit ... just done ...just finished with smoking ... just tired of having to cough myself awake ever night and worrying that Im keeping my wife awake and my kids awake with my coughing .. been smoking for 24 years and am 38 years old ... in decent shape and just want to live to see my daughters get married ...or get educated.... or get graduated .....or emancipated .... ya know .. just want a little help and love to give a little help to anyone who cares enough to type and or talk to me :----) BEEN THREE DAYS NOW and I am OK ... gonna make it no matter what !!! love and life to you all !!!

0 Kudos
9 Replies
lynette3

I am sensing a lot of anxiety in your emails, tattoo. I hope you're getting along with your quit better each day. I'm 59. Smoking for 40+ yrs and after lots of meditation, decided to quit. On my own. I found this place, after quitting. I don't have cough, lung issues or anything but I'm just lucky - so far.

I had try to quit before and came here. So something good about this place. They don't chastise you for sllipping up (much) and they are a hardy support.

You must realize you cannot white-knuckle your way thru a quit. It must be your choice. Made with self-conscious awareness, desire and full relization that you have been through much worse. You can do this, of course. When people say it's the most difficult thing they've ever done, I roll my eyes and wonder how much experience in the life they've actually had.

There is no right/wrong way to offer support. It's simply listening and mirroring back those feelings you hear/sense in another's words.

People here just want to help, support and sometimes vent. There are some on here I refer to as "the militants". But that's just to my un-virtual friends!

You can do this and without drama.

First, have you gone to www.whyquit.com and www.stopsmokingonline.com? Read, read READ! Blogs and comments. You'll get a feel for the place!

Welcome!

0 Kudos
ori

My congratulations tattoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, I m on my 11th days been smoking for 45 years 2 packs a day so u have you life ahead of you and I am trying to elongate mine with the help of this forum and all the wonderfull people we have around ready to jump when we cry for help we will make it 'god willing" keep it up, and when ever u need support do not hesitate to contact me or any other one on this group we are all ready, willing and able to help HHHHUUUUGGGGSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ori

0 Kudos
lynette3

BTW, I loved smoking. So I asked myself what did I want MORE than smoking?

Control, POWER, Freedom!

I'm luvin' it so far. 40+ days quit!

0 Kudos
ohiowriter

Good luck to you!

I made it through a rough day and I'm sure there will be more to come. Each time the thought comes into my mind, I try to sit up a little straighter and think: I'm really doing it this time.

Accepting we are powerless over a drug is an important step. Actually putting in the work to get over an addiction, is confidence building.

Keep it up, you can and you will do it!

0 Kudos

WELCOME Tattoo!!! This site has helped me have a Very SUCCESSFUL Quit by changing my PERSPECTIVE and showing me how to live abundantly Smoke FREE! 317 Days without smoking - I am FREE from addiction and finding the confidence to live HAPPY and HEALTHY!!! Share your story in the BLOGS and you will instantly meet people just like you!!! It's a Life SAVER! Together we can live Smoke FREE!!!!

0 Kudos
tattoofuel

THIS IS GREAT !!!! just what I was hoping for my friends... THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR THE INSTANT SUPPORT ... I have people in my life that either smoke and dont think I can quit or dont smoke and dont get how different it is to go through a day without that smoke break ya know ??? I am SO GREATFULL FOR ALL THE KIND WORDS FROM ALL ...im here for you too !!!! HUUGGGS / LOVE AND SUPPORT TO ALL !!! WE GOT THIS !!!!

0 Kudos
rickc2

TATTOOFUEL here is another great resource...Allen Carr's The EasyWay To Quit Smoking. you might also want to go watch these webcasts to help you at his site

http://www.theeasywaytostopsmoking.com/Webcast.aspx

we're all here to support

0 Kudos
casuam

Today is my 11th day smoke free. I am using patches and my back looks like 11 lunar landing circles that itch. lol It's been so hard even with them. I can't imagine doing this cold turkey. I'm afraid when the time comes to take of the patch but I am running out of spaces on my back. lol We're new in this cold weather and I spend most of my time alone at home while my hubby goes to work. Cigs were my best friends, in ups and downs of life so I must have been insane to quit in the winter.

First time writing here so I'm not sure what to say except good luck to all of us new at this. 😃 It is the hardest thing I've ever done in my life!

0 Kudos
tattoofuel

Hey Casuam !!!

welcome to the site I recently quit and joined here too and I think you are doing GREAT !!! I am officially in my 8th day smoke free and it is suprisingly getting easier for me .. I got some of those lozenges at 4mg each ... when I really crave for a cig I drop and do 10 pushups .. seriously 🙂 it helps cause by the time im done doing 10 the craving is gone and I am reminded why I am quitting ...I am proud of you for quitting in the winter ... it is never going to be easy and a lot of people would use the winter as an excuse not to quit cause its too hard ... but its always too hard right ?!?!?! KEEP IT GOING !!! WE ARE ALL EX-SMOKERS NOW !!!!

0 Kudos