cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Drica2021

Starting my quitting journey July 16,2022

I'm determined that i can do it. So ready for my smoke free zone.

Labels (1)
3 Replies
MarilynH

Welcome to the community @Drica2021 you've made the best decision that you'll ever make in your lifetime and it's definetly the best gift that any of us will ever give ourselves which is the GIFT OF LIFE, please read everything you can because there's a wealth of information right here on this site to strengthen your resolve to kick the nicotine poison to the curb permanently it's not easy by any stretch of the imagination BUT with commitment and perseverance you will perservere through whatever comes your way and you'll do one precious day at a time or hour minute or even a second at time, stay close and reach out whenever you need to or just want to vent we're all here to help you in any way we can you've got this believe it....

Snowdoggie

@Drica2021 Welcome to Ex. It will take some hard work, dedication, and education but quitting is well within your grasp. A good book to read is "The Easy Way to Stop Smoking" by Allen Carr. You can check at your library or online. I wish you success. Blog anytime you have questions or need support. We are all in this together.

Barbscloud

@Drica2021  Welcome to the Ex and congrats on your decision to quit..

Glad you found the site.  We're here to support you on this journey.  Read lots of material on the site to educate yourself about nicotine addiction and to prepare a quit plan.  These two steps have made the difference for many quitters.  This link is a great place to start.

https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

Learn about creating new associations instead of smoking, what your triggers are, and what tools can help you with our quit.  

I see you've picked a quit date.  That gives you plenty of time to prepare.   You can do it.  It takes work, but with knowledge and preparation it's doable.    

Make the commitment to quit one day at a time. That's all it takes. And consider taking the Daily Pledge to keep you on track daily.

Look forward to celebrating with you on the 16th. 

Start your journey, stay busy and stay close.  

Reach out anytime you need help, want to share or to support your fellow quitters.

Barbscloud_0-1657643145055.jpeg

Barb