Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

exodus443

Here goes the newbie, heres my story, my pain etc

Jump to solution
  • Hey People, 

Im new here and I just stopped smoking 4 days ago, cigars and cigerettes, and 2 weeks of quiting cannibis. I know ive been through alot with these habits. Ive been smoking for 22 years. **bleep** i quit drinking for 5 years. Im a chef it kinda go hand to hand but as i got older i needed to get better. Lets say that the man upstairs has better plans in stored for me. So im really getting to know myself again. I was the person who just coupd not stop at all, i literally would buy a pack smoke 3 cigs, get upset then toss the whole pack away. I would do it over and over literally as some say waisting money, but in my book it wasnt, and i pushed myself over and over. Smoking weed use to be fun so i figure hey use this instead, but nope it wasnt much a clutch and all i was doing was abusing one thing more cause i no longer had the other. Ive been praying etc, and now at tge point where i had to quit and just got tired of it. Thats a promise and im confident in it. Fact is when u reach your breaking point for good and set your goals to better yourself u must and got to be determined to do so. Now i tryed quitong maybe 100 times, i even got to the point where i use patches, etc. But i said **bleep** everything and do it all cold turkey. Which im doing now, im happy but the withdrawal is really **bleep**ing with me. My chest tightens up, i get shotting pain in my upper chest, lower back, and in the past due to drinking my anxiety is outta control. Im reading a few post here and there and thinking maybe its withdrawal symptoms. I get nervous, alcohol made my nerves badder. Ive been through alot man i tell yall. And i know this story is freaking long but, i just want yall to know that, this **bleep** is scary, im not going back to it cause it really harms me badly. Feeling like you having a heart attack, plus switching up products back to back was my method but it kinda damaged me badly. So after a year cause i will no longer smoke ever again. Please dont say never cause i know i will never due to my God putting total fear in my **bleep**. Now.... These withdrawals make me feel like my body trying to shut down on me ive been coughing up spit, today and these pains though is random. Rvrn my back been aching. Ive drink plenty of water, maybe im exercising too hard, and maybe i did all this **bleep** tooo damn fast. But theres no looking back cause my mind is clear, and i want to succeed in everything, im thankful, and to the people reading do yall have the same effects as i do, and also to the people who quit and restart, you will quit, have faith and submit ur problem to the one above, but u gotta **bleep** mean it and believe it. I pray that yall have peace and strength. I will succeed, i just hope i didnt damage myself too bad. Next step doctor visit, also i use to use licorice sticks, they work well for the cravings, but i just dont want to adapt to **bleep** in my mouth but food lol. I love yall, WE WILL SUCCEED, ill keep yall posted

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Barbscloud

@exodus443 Welcome and congrats on 4 days of success.  Thanks for sharing your journey with us.  

If you haven't done so already read material about nicotine addiction and how to be prepared by identifying your triggers, tools you'll use, and new association you'll create instead of smoking.  This link is a great place to start.

https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

Glad to see you're drinking water an exercising.  Exercise is a great crave buster and boosts lost dopamine from quitting. 

Consider taking the Daily Pledge. It's a great way to stay on track one day at time.  Here are some of  the more common withdrawal symptoms.

Withdrawal symptoms.png

We're here for you, so reach out anytime we can help.  

Barb

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Barbscloud

@exodus443 Welcome and congrats on 4 days of success.  Thanks for sharing your journey with us.  

If you haven't done so already read material about nicotine addiction and how to be prepared by identifying your triggers, tools you'll use, and new association you'll create instead of smoking.  This link is a great place to start.

https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

Glad to see you're drinking water an exercising.  Exercise is a great crave buster and boosts lost dopamine from quitting. 

Consider taking the Daily Pledge. It's a great way to stay on track one day at time.  Here are some of  the more common withdrawal symptoms.

Withdrawal symptoms.png

We're here for you, so reach out anytime we can help.  

Barb

exodus443

Thank you Im very appreciative of you. I believe its 8 days now, im doing the same, as I was before, im looking forward to go years, The lord gave me a shot and i had to take it. My eating habits is crazy, that is seeming like a addiction lol. But its healthy , salads, baked or grilled foods with tons of exercise. I just cant believe how this just happen. Im blessed. I was disappointed out, im not going to lose. Only time to Win. And sorry i havent been on i kinda had to cut the internet out some been walking also had to cut people off, switch patterns, etc. 

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@exodus443 That's fabulous.   They call that first week, hell week and you did it.  Focus on one day at a time for now and don't overwhelm yourself about the future. Those one's days will turn into many.

Good to see you're eating healthy.  We're  often hungrier when we quit smoking--it is an appetite suppressant .  Also glad to see you're walking.  It really helps to keep you focused on your goal.

Come to the site as often as needed.   Everyone's journey is unique.  Changing up routines is a big part of a successful quit.

Just know that we're here is you need us.

Barbscloud_0-1627670472498.png

Barb

0 Kudos