cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

rebecca68

Started Young

I started when I was about 14 (occassionally at first of course) but regular by the time Iwas16.   I smoked 47 + yrs. I quit for a whole year in 2010. I had some major stressors in 2011 and relapsed. So now I am smokefree 4 weeks, 1 day, 0 hours and 38 mins.

Iam having a hard time today.  I'm told this is a dangerous time in a quit.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
34 Replies
nanci2014

For me it was 48 years, I'm 63 now.  Started when I was 15, earlier really...but at 16 I was able to BUY my own when I got a job!  I've tried quiting seriously 2 other times, that was 6 years ago.  I'm using Chantix for the 3rd time, a lower dose under my Doctors care.  I can't wait to be able to say 155 days ago. 

0 Kudos
trudyd

I have smoked for about 46 years..............quit cold turkey 2/3/14 and the urge to smoke is INTENSE!

0 Kudos
trudyd

I have smoked for at least 46 years about a pack a day........all my friends who got me into smoking have quit or passed on I am almost embarrased to have started and continued to smoke all these years but there's no time but the present to try to end the madness!Urges to smoke really STRONG though!

0 Kudos
anyalove2

hello

0 Kudos
anyalove2

i have smoked four years going on five i am only 17  years old and i have gained a lot of weight i have bad  breathing problems and sometimes i have a whole pack that i through up so much and my parents get worried i smoke a pack 3 times a week

0 Kudos