cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

flutterbyee

2012 Quitters

Hi my name is Laurie and my quit date in 9/1/12. I quit last month but only lasted 8 days. My thoughts are obsessed with smoking and Im trying to prepare myself better this time. I know its a personal decision but I really really need support.

Im there for all of you too!

Laurie

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
72 Replies
wannabe8

My name is Rich, I stopped smoking 4 days ago and am battling. Not sure how many times I have tried in the past. I have been a closet smoker for well over 10 years. Family and friends think I quit that long ago. I need support too and am here for others. We can do it!

0 Kudos
kgonzales

Today is my quit day, I have made up my mind that I'm tired of all the excuses and I will just quit, and maybe just save my life. I have a wonderful family and I want to be around for many years to enjoy them. I'm glad I found this site and hope to work with others to help them and myself stay quit.

good luck to you all as well as myself

Karen

0 Kudos
yesquit

Hello,

I am just learning how to use this site. Anyway, I'd like to join this group. My quit date is October 1, but I think it is too far away. I would like to start tomorrow with support. Would it be okay to join this group? If yes, I would lkie to change my quit date to August 31.

0 Kudos
anja23-2

Hello my name is anja i quit 17 days ago .This is my second time trying . Been doing pretty good so far . I also use Nicotine Lozenge so thats really helping me alot with the cravings .

0 Kudos

Hi everyone this my name is Debbie I quit 7/27/12 I had pain and swelling in my legs and ankles, and belive it or not the second day of not smoking my legs didn't swell that mich and the pain was completely gone. This made all the difference in my mood , it help me  stay on the path, my doctor has presribed me the nicotrol inhaler, and I  barely use it.  I am so proud of myself.

0 Kudos
cfaria

Hi all, my name is Colleen and my quit date is 9/8/2012.  I have tried to quit smoking a few times.  I tried the gum and chantex.  Chantex helped but I couldn't afford it so I stopped taking it and ended up smoking again.  This time it'll be with out any prescriptions or over the counter medications.

I feel that I have alot of confidence to succeed but certainly will always need supporters. I really would like to join your group, if I may.

I have already begun. For instance if I feel like having a ciggarette while I'm at home, instead of going outside to smoke, I'll read a book or call someone or walk over to my sisters (she lives up the street from me) by then the urge is gone.  Also I will have coffee with out smoking and I drove to work this morning with out having a ciggarette.

I hope that I can also be of a support system for others as well!

Thank you and hope you have a promising day!

Colleen

0 Kudos
ginger34

Hi I want to join the group please 🙂 Today is my first day not smoking. I am using chantix and it's helping. I have tried cold turkey can u say BITCH. LOL. Let's support each other! Oh and do I have to be added to this group or is it open?

0 Kudos
luliper

HI My quit date is June 21, 2012. I am sooooo happy that I have just about 50 days in. That means that I will be riding on the FREEDOM TRAIN tomorrow!! I am so excited, my bags are packed and I'm g-o-n-e gone! So excited! Happy to be a non smoker and I need to keep it simple so there is only one rule for me or any one else who wants  to quit....NOPE! Not One Puff Ever!!

I quit cold turkey and the greatest asset that I have had with my quit is a GOOD ATTITUDE about it. I don't whine and cry for cigarettes, they're gross. I know I just cleaned out my car the other day. What a MESS!

I'm a happy quitter! All the best to you in your quit!

Luliper

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Laurie 

I can provide support if you would like!  I found a couple of things helped in the early days.  One was understanding that the cigarettr was going to do absolutely NOTHING for me.  The only "high" or contentment, or calmness I felt was simply the absence of nictonine cravings. 

Have you read Allen Carr's "The Easy Way to Stolp Smoking?"  It is an easy, entertaining read and contains a wealth of good information - about the psychology of addition and nicotine addiction, and how nicotine affects the brain, etc.  The more inforrmation you have, the better chance you have of being succerssful.  Also - do plan for those times when you feel as though you are going to jump out of your skin.  I played Angry Birds for hours@!

You CAN do this!

0 Kudos