cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

hollybug

Saving Money

when I quit smoking, I can use the extra money that I save to buy my kids some extra things that they want...and even be able to buy some new shoes and purses..they are my fav...maybe a lil to much...lol. Yeah, that sounds good...new shoes and handbags.....yyyeeeahhhhh!!!!!!!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
49 Replies
freshair3

The future depends on what we do in the future_ Mahatma Gandhi

0 Kudos
freshair3

Sorry....The future depends on what we do in the present_ Mahatma Gandhi

0 Kudos
quicks1824

2nd day not smoking. So far so good. I pay $4.50 a pack here in Colorado. I plan on doing home improvements. Painting, appliences, carpet, etc.

0 Kudos
jsc

I just joined and my quit date is April 4th.....they are going up to 9.00 a pack soon...paying over 7.50 now. It is going to go all in my savings,.,,,like the idea of new furniture. The smell is awful and it dosen't come out of fabric!! So that is a great idea.

Also, I have to buy a new car in April and it would be nice to keep it smelling new!!

When I think of the money every week it's really crazy that I am spending that kinda money to kill myself!!

Glad I found this web site and will be on my way

0 Kudos
choptrice

The money will be a great inspiration I figure I have spent easy 30 dollars a week so this is my first week so into the savings it went, yeah for me God willing next week also this, is very hard habit to break. I may stumble but I am not a failure

0 Kudos
molzep

I should add it to my retirement contributions! I'm gonna need them longer! 🙂

0 Kudos
ganzym

After calculating that monthly I will save $140, I decided that I would donate 70 of it to a charity and the other half in my saving account for the first six months. 

0 Kudos
sfaoro

Day 54, $742.50  Keep it in my dads old cigarette case.  Apparently he smoked non-filtered smokes because I could never fit mine inside.  I think this is a better use for this thing.

0 Kudos
nyjulie

I quit March10 2010 and figured out that I spend $240.00 a month for my Parliaments($ 8.00/pack). I told my husband to go and buy that brand new Harley Davidson Road King he has always wanted. Sounds a little unselfish huh? Not really- with that money no longer available to me there is NO POSSIBLE WAY I could ever afford to pick that nasty habit up again (and I am guaranteed a sweet ride wherever I want to go- ha ha).

0 Kudos
sarah109

I spend a fortune on smokes here in NJ.

They cost between $7 and $8 a pack and I smoke 1-2 packs a day.

I could get a new car in no time. Or save up for a cool vacation!

0 Kudos