cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

kelly62

SAVE ME FROM MYSELF!!!

So I'm six weeks into the quit and there I was, out at the bar, after a few drinks and I was offered a cigg and I took it. I didn't even really want one, I wasn't craving one, but I lit it anyways. Everyone says all it takes is just one and it's true because I find myself rationalizing when I would let myself do it agian.. Its weird how after six weeks of success that all of a sudden my wilpower has all of asudden fadded. I'm not as passoniate about the quit and I feel it is enevitable that I will start agian.. SAVE ME FROM MYSELF.. Ive felt the benifit of the last six weeks. I;ve been more active, going to the gym, going on dates with non smokers and not have to leave early so I can make my escape to smoke. I've loved not having to sneek out at work then taking a shower in perfume and mouthwash so no one would know. I sleep better, i'me saving money.. I see all the great things quitting has brought me.. so why am I feeling so dismissive to the fact that I'm one cig away from being a smoker agian?
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
rm657j

Let go of the guilt. Look at how far you have come!! You can do this! You are past the hard part! Having one smoke while out drinking does not erase all the progress you have made! Keep up he good work!
0 Kudos
tinker

You made a mistake- now get right back on track! Make a list of all of the positives, and put "Adding YEARS to my life" right at the top!
0 Kudos
hothula

aloha, tha thinking is your inner junkie talking. use this as a lesson to how powerfull this addiction is you got six weeks in and that is huge, I think at times we begin to think we have this licked, we let our guard down we also kinda forget how hard it is to quit now that it starts getting easier. this is the time to re commit yourself to your quit. be proud of every single day you haven't smoked and protect the days, each one will build on the other until you are past all this. shake it off. do not allow yourself to smoke. you can do this, look at how far you have come do not allow yourself to get trapped again. congrats to you on your quit.
0 Kudos