cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Hartmanj

Quitting

Is there like a 24/7 chat line I can use ? I feel like I need more than a text a day .. 

Labels (1)
4 Replies
Barbscloud

@Hartmanj Welcome to the Ex and congrats on your quit day.  Not really.  There are many Exers on the on the site throughout the day, but not necessarily 24/7.  I subscribed to the texts also and found them very helpful.

Have you been reading material on the site?  This link has some great information about craving, tools to use, creating new associates to replace smoking/vaping.

https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

Join many of us on the Daily Pledge.  It's a great way to stay on track one day at a time.

You might find these periodic zoom meetings helpful.

EX Café 2024 Schedule: A Social Space for Your Qui... - EX Community

Stay busy and stay close.

Barb

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome @Hartmanj ! My name is Quiana, and I am a part of the EX Team.  I wanted to reach out and personally welcome you to the EX Community! Sounds like you needing more support or to speak with a EX coach? 

Quiana, EX Team

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
champsin97

You can pretty much find someone on the site most of the day.  Post for support as much as you want.  I suggest finding some people on the site that have a quit date around yours make some quit buddies.  3 or 4 should do.  Just reach out to them using the private message function.  It's the envelope icon on the top right of the page.  It's a great tool in helping with your quit.  You can support each other and keep each other accountable.  Some even exchange phone numbers so they can have someone to talk to during rough times.  I can't say enough about how helpful it's been.  I have 3 myself.  You just have to be willing to reach out.

Barbscloud

@Hartmanj Just a word of caution about giving your phone number out to strangers on a social media site.  From my on experience, all experiences aren't positive.  But I hope it can work for you.

Best wishes on your quit.

Barb

0 Kudos