cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

makeit

When to actually quit? My quit date is today 3.16. So do i still vape today and this is my last day?

My quit date is today 3.16. So do I still vape today or was yesterday my last day I vaped?

Labels (1)
12 Replies
Barbscloud

@makeit Glad you're still here working on your quit.  If I recall, you were using nicotine pouches?   Technically, if you  picked your quit date for today, then I would have stopped yesterday.  But there is no right or wrong way to quit.  If you already vaped today, you can stop now or wait until tomorrow.   The important thing it that your quitting nicotine. 

Remember, we're in this with you, so reach out anytime you want to share your journey or utilize the support that's available here. 

Hope to see you on the Daily Pledge.

Stay busy and stay close.  You got this!

Barb

Barbscloud

@makeit What did you decide?

0 Kudos
makeit

Hey there, not sure when you sent this, but the good news is that I haven't vaped since Wednesday! I have used the pouches some. I started with 6mg and then I went to 3 mg. I suppose I use about 4 or 5 "dips" a day. One thing is that I haven't drank yet. That is when I slip up, every time. My plan is to just not drink for a while or have the pouches available if I do. Another hard thing is if I see someone else vaping. I am having a family get together next weekend and my nephew always shares his vape with me. I will talk to him ahead of time and ask that he doesn't bring one with so that I'm not tempted.  I'm still learning how to navigate on this site. You mentioned a daily pledge. Where might I find that? Thank you so much for all if your help, support,  and encouragement!!

Barbscloud

@makeit I'm so happy for you not vaping and proud of your decision to begin your journey. There is no right or wrong way to quit.  We are all unique .  Just be careful with the pouches--they're nicotine too!

Definitely let your nephew know that you're done with vaping.  Have a plan in place for what you'll do instead if put in that position.  For many  quitters it can be difficult to be  in that situation so early in a quit.  Just remember it's your quit and you'll do whatever it takes to protect it. 

March Daily Pledge 2024 - EX Community  Look at the bottom and go the the last page. 

Remember to reach out if you consider vaping before you act.   It really works having supporters to help get through a tough moment. That support saved my quit several times early on.

Thanks for letting me know how you're doing.   Your success means everything.  Congrats on 4 days!!!!!

Stay busy and stay close.

Barb

0 Kudos
makeit

Thank you so much for checking in! I really appreciate your support.  I'm still struggling with quitting  😪 life got really chaotic and I wasn't able to focus at all. This is super hard. Thank you again for your support. 

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello and welcome @makeit! My name is Quiana, and I am a part of the EX Team. Congratulations on your decision to quit! I wanted to reach out and personally welcome you to the EX Community! We are so excited you have joined us. This is a very supportive community so feel free to keep us all posted on your quit journey reach out and let us know if you need anything. You may find our Daily Pledge page helpful to make a commitment not to smoke on a day-by-day basis. Posting there will also bring visibility to your journey to others who take the pledge daily.

Here are some articles that might be helpful as you prepare for your quit date: 

https://www.becomeanex.org/ex-resources/about-quitting/get-ready-to-quit/right-before-you-quit/

https://www.becomeanex.org/ex-resources/about-quitting/get-ready-to-quit/3-ways-to-get-your-support-...

Quiana, EX Team

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
makeit

Thank you for the support and information! I really need a lot of help right now. I am struggling.  I ordered some nicotine patches but they haven't showed up yet.

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@makeit Don't give up.  Use this time to work on your quit plan as you wait for your patches.  And remember, there will never be a perfect time to quit.   There will always be events and stressors in our life that make us believe we can only cope with nicotine.  It's the addiction talking.  Even though it may make us feel good temporarily, the reality is that nicotine causes more stress.

Stay close in the meantime.

Barb

ReallyReal

Hi @makeit .  Just saw your post and wondered what you decided to do as far as your quit date.  Also just wanted to ask how you are doing/feeling in these early days of your quit?  Hope you will post and share your journey with the folks here at Ex.  Research shows that having a strong support network as we quit using nicotine makes it more likely that we will be successful in staying quit.  Wishing you well.