cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Quitting all nicotine

I was a long time chewer and eventually worked my way down to snus and eventually down to Zyn tobacco free nicotine pouches. My finance and I are trying to start a family and I have read that nicotine is bad for male reproduction so I am going to quit cold turkey this Friday. I have ordered a ton of gum, mints, sunflower seeds etc. to get myself through the cravings. My biggest concern is insomnia. The last time I tried to quit, I wasn't able to sleep at all... Anyways, just wanted to introduce myself and possibly get some encouragement as times get tough coming up. 

28 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone. We just released some new content on Quitting Zyn and other oral nicotine pouches 

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Emick

I have been going thru the same thing, I quit dipping 8-9 months ago and have only been using the rouge pouches. the one thing helping me is switching to a flavor i don't care for as much and chewing lots of gum.

Barbscloud

@Emick Welcome to the Ex and congrats on your quit. The  post you responded to is a bit old, so I don't know if the author is still available for a response.

If there's anyway we can help, just reach out.  We're here to support other quitters.

Barb

0 Kudos

baby steps

0 Kudos
shintaffer

I picked up Diamond art a few months ago and it really helps me keep myself busy literally putting one Diamond piece down and then another and before I know it a long time it's past. It has been very successful for me during this process of quitting and staying quit!

biscuit9

@shintaffer  I think that's great. Whatever works and distracts you, is a good thing.  You really need those things right now.

Barbscloud

@shintaffer Congrats on 56 days of success. That's a fabulous achievement.  You must be so proud of yourself.

Happy  you found a hobby that you enjoy and that also distracts your thoughts from smoking.

Kee moving forward one day at a time.

Barb

0 Kudos

Good luck to you. Someone told me that the first three days are physical and it’s mental thereafter…

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

@swalls21218gmaD 

Welcome!

Although I saw your response I fear most in the community may not.  To remedy that, I recommend you write a blog to introduce yourself to the community (Home-top left; then center blue box-"Post a Journal/Blog").  You might include your nicotine use history, what delivery system you are using, why you want to quit, your quit date if you have set one, and anything else about yourself you care to share.  You will reach a wider audience this way.

I look forward to seeing you there!

Nancy

0 Kudos