Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Mred21

Quitting Zyn Pouches / Withdrawal

Jump to solution

Hi All,

I started using nicotine with Juul in or around 2016, after only using nicotine occasionally (literally 5-10 times) throughout university.  I work on wall street in an extremely demanding and high-stress environment.  I started using the Juul as something to do to pass the time when I was traveling and as a medium for stress relief.  Eventually, I felt terrible from vaping; sore throat, sporadic chest pain, etc.  

Enter Zyn, the tobaccoless nicotine salt pouch that entered the US markets around 2-3 years ago.  It seemed to be the perfect solution for me, as it seemed to cause no ancillary effects besides the desired nicotine buzz and stress-relief effects I was looking for.  Eventually, this turned into a 6-7 pouch a day habit (appox. 36-42mg nicotine daily).  In terms of overall health effects, I have noticed very little, aside from the occasional abrasions from the placement of the pouch.  There is very little research on the long-term effects of the pouches, but I am starting to be concerned about the potential health issues associated with longer term use.  I've tried to quit here and there, with little success.  Typically, I start again by convincing myself that similar products (snus) have some extensive research and relatively good safety profiles as a nicotine delivery system.  

Here's the issue.  I've noticed that when I take a break for a week or two, I really have no cravings.  Even in the early stages, I don't find myself craving the pouches.  The main problem I've been having during the quit is the brain fog.  It is unbearable.  As I mentioned, my job is extremely demanding and requires constant attention, focus, and action.  When I quit, I feel like I am in a constant state of detachment and wholly separated from my critical thinking facilities.  In addition to that, I have been studying for a notoriously difficult industry charter and really cannot afford to be in that state for a prolonged period of time.  

I wanted to reach out to this board and see if anyone has had a similar experience with "brain fog" as a withdrawal symptom.  Has anyone found a way to combat it?  Can anyone comment on the duration of the brain fog effect?  

I have my quit date set for a week from today.  Using that time to cut the frequency and dosage in half (3-4 pouches daily: 18-24mg of nicotine).  Any tips would be greatly appreciated.  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Mred21 closing this post as it seems there is the same post here:  Quitting Zyn Pouches - EX Community  Sorry you had an issue previously.  I'm going to lock this post so you don't get distracted with multiple different threads.

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Mred21 closing this post as it seems there is the same post here:  Quitting Zyn Pouches - EX Community  Sorry you had an issue previously.  I'm going to lock this post so you don't get distracted with multiple different threads.

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos