cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

usoundgirl

Quitters in Their 30's

Hello, anyone there? I need some support- I quit smoking tomorrow the 3rd. I choose this day cause I will be very busy back at work hoping it will keep my mind off it. May day usually starts with two before work, and im able to go all day without till the damn drive home! Then its on, evenings are hard- I smoke frequently until i have to go to bed. Weekends and days off are the worst. Im about to be 35yrs old and have smoked for 15 yrs, this HAS to stop!! I want to have a child soon, and i need to be healthy. Any advice on how to make it through the first day?
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
112 Replies
jmtz546

I am 32 and have been smoking for 14 years.  I think this group is a great idea! I am also using this site as a big part of my quitting plan.

0 Kudos
Carol5

Something that may help more to understand the pain I am going through.

Thank you all. I am so happy to see what you have to say. It helps me to get through my good and not so good days.

The habit of it all is horrible and it messes with our brain with being such a mental addition. It pains me that I have allowed SOMETHING to control my life for so long. It is like running away from an abusive relationship with no justice system to intervene. You make a choice to remove the potency of it, and yet it comes into your home through the shadows of the darkness. It visits you while you are with friends at night, or even shows up a your place of work without an invite. Tries to seduce you in all aspects of your life. If this was a man that your daughter dated, what would you do to save her? How can you do that with an invisible and silent killer that was and still is a everyday nightmare that is impossible to shake loose?

This is just one of the ways I found that makes the most sense in explaining smoking to a non-smoker. I was just as uneducated about the addicts of a drug addict. NOW, I understand.....shame on all of me for allowing this control when God is to be my #1!!!!!

Love you all dearly,  Carol 

0 Kudos
Carol5

Two months away from my 34th birthday and I am 19 days quit. Enjoying this freedom 🙂

0 Kudos
jd_25

I am also in my early 30's and have been smoking for more than half of my life.  I can't believe this addiction is so powerful.  I was a kid and rebelled against my parents when I started.  I thought I was so big and smart sneaking out with my friends and I would never become addicted!!  I have tried to stop many times.  I stopped once for 27 months, this last time at the beginning of this year I stopped for 12 days.  I hope this site helps.  I really want to quit.  

0 Kudos
maraisa

I'm under 40, I smoked for fourteen years. I have been smoke free since October 13, 2013. I had my last cigarette at 3:00pm. Is it weird that I know that?

0 Kudos

I would like to join this group. I'm 32 and have been smoking for almost 20 years. Its time to kick the habit once and for all but we do need others to help us along on our journey.

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

How is everyone doing in here with their quit?

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

Wow! This post was written the year I graduated highschool! 1999!! was this site around in 99?

0 Kudos
elvan

I didn't know that either, Kristen.  That means this person is not in his or her 30's any more...right?  

0 Kudos

Definitley Ellen! I'm 36!

0 Kudos