cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

usoundgirl

Quitters in Their 30's

Hello, anyone there? I need some support- I quit smoking tomorrow the 3rd. I choose this day cause I will be very busy back at work hoping it will keep my mind off it. May day usually starts with two before work, and im able to go all day without till the damn drive home! Then its on, evenings are hard- I smoke frequently until i have to go to bed. Weekends and days off are the worst. Im about to be 35yrs old and have smoked for 15 yrs, this HAS to stop!! I want to have a child soon, and i need to be healthy. Any advice on how to make it through the first day?
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
112 Replies
jeremy

@ usoundgirl:

You can do it. The first day is rough, but day 2 is better (I'm on day two of my quit). The toughest part for me at work was getting through those times when you usually take smoke breaks (lunch, etc.). I'm 30 something and have smoked for 12 years. We need to quit now before we end up like some of those we know who are 40 or 50....
0 Kudos
ali2

Hey everyone,

I need some help. I had 50 days and messed up. Then I just had over 2 weks and walked up to my neighbors and asked for a smoke and I do not even know them!!!!! This insideous addiction has me b y the throat and I am so determined to quit and I cannot figure out why in that moment of insanity.....of thinking a smoke will make me feel better.......I keep reaching for it. I know it will not do one helpful thing at all! BUT when I am so stressed out, I do not realize that at all. So, can anyone relate? And how do I not pick up during these times? Any helpful tools?

Thank you!

Ali
0 Kudos
usoundgirl

Im in it to win it! Night to all...about to have my last smoke. Tomorrow is the first day of new life without cigarettes.
0 Kudos
joan8

If you slip up once does your count start over from that day and do you go through the same 1st week cravings or do you have less problems. At this point i don't know if i should say i only made it 4 days or 19days. how does it work. I had 2 slip up within those 19days but i got back on the saddle. what would everyoneelse do.
0 Kudos
carolyn6

Hello! Today is my quit date/birthday. I figured I would attempt to give myself the amazing gift of not smoking this year.
0 Kudos
greg14

After 4 months and 4 weeks or being smoke free. This past week I start to smoke again and now am thinking of trying to quit again.
  I am ashamed of my relapse and am wanting to give this room over to another person.
  I am only at 3 hours at the moment in my quit . I am not sure if I will be able to do it again this time or not .
0 Kudos
cornerstone

hell yeah you will!
0 Kudos
heids077

I think most of us slip up every once in a while-- the key is to stay positive and get right back on the wagon!!! Think of how great it was after a week of not smoking-- feeling better, smelling better, etc. You can do it!!!
0 Kudos
shanna_r

~You've already started and that's great. 4 months and 4 days is great we all have slipped at one time or another, don't concentrate on the past look forward to the smoke free future!~
0 Kudos