cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

jupiter

Post-Memorial Day Quit

I wanted to say hi to everyone here! I'm joining this site on my 3rd quit attempt, and I guess I can say I'm not too excited, but more down to earth this time around. I was STOKED to quit smoking the last few times, but went in a little bit too enthusiatically and didn't manage to even stay smoke free for more than a week. This time, though, I feel better. My quit day is today, May 27, and I'm nervous. But with all the practice and everything, I think I've got this. Plus, I'm feeling a lot more emotional this time than I did in the past, so I think that's a good sign. Anyway, it's good to be here, and I'll probably be lurking around the forums a lot trying to get myself aquainted with all the threads and read other people's stories as well. So, I'll be seeing everyone around!
0 Kudos
6 Replies
jupiter

Nicodemon, I like that word! I shall use it from now on! I feel you on the really bad cravings! My last quit attempt made me insane! Of course, the upside is I know a lot of what is coming in the next few days and this time I'm ready to kick some butt (pun intended!).... that was a really lame pun.... 🙂
0 Kudos
jupiter

You're right! I have been on and off the site for the day and it does make me feel a lot better just reading that people are struggling right along with me. I love it! I'll be sure to keep sharing as I can!
0 Kudos
jupiter

Thank you so much for saying so, especially when you're just starting out, too! I'll be cheering for you, too! Somehow, encouraging others makes it feel a little bit easier for me to do it, as well! GOOD LUCK!
0 Kudos
sherri10

Congrats Jupiter!!

Quitting is not easy! But this site makes it a lot more bearable. At times, because of this place, I have been able to laugh my way through cravings! Getting involved helps a lot and getting to know some of the people around here does too.

I spent a lot of time in the game room. I still go there quite a bit.

I was nervous too at first. I wasn't worried about not picking up a smoke when I had a craving so much as the physical withdrawals I knew were coming. The last time, they were so bad I almost landed myself into a mental ward!! I used the patch this time and it has helped so much to reduce those withdrawals. I too think that being nervous is a good sign. To me, it means you are really serious about quitting and respect the nicodemon as a powerful addiction not to be taken lightly!

Best wishes! Sherri
20 days later and 1,255 cigarettes less.
0 Kudos
penny-layne

I'm gonna hang in there with you! Good luck - and remember that you are NEVER alone!
0 Kudos
jupiter

I appreciate that muchly! ❤️
0 Kudos