Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Please Help

I am 54 and have alot going for me but if I do not quit I will die
0 Kudos
10 Replies
barbara42

Welcome CYNTHIA,
We will help in any way that we can. this is doable have you joined the exe plan and started tracking your triggers? if you have a plan and a determined mind set, you will win, we will help PEACE!
0 Kudos
becky16

YOU CAN QUIT!! It's not easy, but anything worthwhile in life is never easy. We are all here to support you. When you ask, there will be many suggestions offered to you. You Have the Power of Choice.....Use Wisely Your Power of Choice. Make your plan, then follow your plan to ensure your success. Start with the Ex program steps. Let us know how you are doing and feeling. I know you are scared, but you can do this. You are stronger than you think you are. Warm smiles and hugs to you........
0 Kudos
becky16

YOU CAN QUIT!! It's not easy, but anything worthwhile in life is never easy. We are all here to support you. When you ask, there will be many suggestions offered to you. You Have the Power of Choice.....Use Wisely Your Power of Choice. Make your plan, then follow your plan to ensure your success. Start with the Ex program steps. Let us know how you are doing and feeling. I know you are scared, but you can do this. You are stronger than you think you are. Warm smiles and hugs to you........
0 Kudos
eyjenk

You can quit. You will probably slip up. You may even keep smoking. It has to be your time to quit!
You have to have it set in your mind it won't beat you and you are stronger. If you do slip keep trying.
Don't give up and keep going.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I know how hard it is tho. Some days it's all you can do to function.
Some days you want to scratch your own eyes out! But keep on keeping on and you can do it.
Yvette
0 Kudos
polly2

Hi Cynthia! We are all here to help you! Have you done the EX plan yet at www.becomeanex.org ? This is an awesome method which helps you identify your triggers, track how much and when you smoke and learn how to divert your attention from smoking. It will help you prepare for setting a quit date. The program is an awesome program! While you are doing it, reading articles on www.whyquit.com and www.quitsmokingonline.com can help you too!! This is very much a mental addiction as well as a physical one. The more you can learn about the effects of smoking and how to deal with your mind, the easier it will be for you!! Feel free to drop me a post anytime, if I can be of any help to you!! Way to go on your decision to quit -- it's the best thing you could ever do for yourself!!
0 Kudos
jennie3

Hi Cynthia you can do this we will be here for you every step of the way! This is a great site please feel free to drop me a line whenever
0 Kudos

Is this a do or die post?

I say
DO

NOT SMOKE!!!
0 Kudos

This is day two till my quit date .I hope I can do it . I feel if I do not succeed I will go to jail. That is true because you are not allowed to smoke in many places. Help again. Thank you for replies.
0 Kudos
manofsteele

Hey Cynthia ...

If all you think about is you can not think about Pink Elephants..... somehow that is all you want to think about.... so does that make any sense right now to you?

I am big on attitude.... the more people think this is more about not smoking ( I cant smoke another cig) ... that is what they concentrate on and seem to fail more often. I would want to help teach you that it might be better to concentrate more on the freedom to not be controlled by a substance anymore. ....getting control back from something that has captivated you for a certain time period. Getting your life back and being more free than you have been in a while.

I am smoke free over 4 years and I came to this support group as a supporter along with others. We have done certain things that have made this quit a successful journey and they might even help you with your smoke free journey.

We pledged daily, not to smoke in front of a group of like minded people, we read words of wisdom, we learned by tough luv that all excuses are lame to ever take another puff, we found quit buddies that understood what we were going through, some of us played word games to pass time or to laugh or to try to make someone else laugh and some just decided it was easiest to just give thanks and praise to help solve the troubling times in our life.

Hope that helps and you will achieve the goals you seek..... this is doable .... and u can do it ..... so there !
0 Kudos