Nurses

Welcome,

We can make this work together!

Tammy

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
39 Replies
mikechild

my mother is a nurse and although she is mega stressed out she works very long hours and she told me that even though its a hard job its actually cut back on her addiction to cigs because they are not allowed to smoke on their brakes so its 12 hours a day 5 days a week with no cigs

0 Kudos
leslie

I've been smoking for 15 years, way to long.  I work in a level 3 NICU, so we're not allowed to smoke on breaks. No one I work with even knows I smoke.  I am really hoping to kick the habit for good this time.  My quit date is tomorrow, Dec 7. 

0 Kudos
shelley12

Not to many people know I smoke either,

We know the outcome for smoking, but yet we continued!

I am on day 8 without, I tell my self everyday "Today I choose not to smoke"

Love this site!

Has helped so much, some days are awful and feel like I have lost my bestfriend!

0 Kudos
ccgirl

Being a RN and a smoker lets face it....it's just plain embarrassing!!!  Told myself I would quit as soon as I graduated....2 years ago now. 

Just signed up tonight.......been thinking about quitting for quite a while, and "thinking" about it is about all I have done.  Set my quit date for Jan 1, 2010, medication and patches in place........any support or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
mlsa

Hello,

This is my first time on this website. I too am a RN. I work at a smoke free hospital so I can go my entire shift without smoking however the minute I hit my car I'm lighting up. I have a 2 1/2 yo daughter and my husband and I are trying to have another baby. I really want and need to quit. The only time I really smoke is when I'm in my car driving. And it seems like every time I think about quitting it makes me want to have one. Any tips? I'm open for all suggestions.

Thanks, Melissa

0 Kudos
nurse2quit

I am also a nurse that has watched people stuggle to breathe.  I have smoked for 26 years and we are no longer allowed to smoke on hospital property.  On lunch we can leave but are not to return smelling like smoke and frankly I am sick of smelling like a cig butt.  My quit date is Dec. 27th.  Scary time - I have tried to quit several other times.  My brother suggested this site so I thought I would give it a try.  It's nice to know that I am not the only nurse that needs to quit!

0 Kudos
ebbrewer84

I am a nursing student.  I have been smoke free for 24 days and loving it!!  I had been a smoker for 12 years about 2 packs a day.  My friend gave me a book called Quit smoking the Easy way, by Allen Carr.  The book explains addiction in a way I have never understood.  All I know is after 30 pages I put out my final cig.  I have not had cravings at all!!  I am so happy and feel so less stressed!!  I wish you all luck!!
0 Kudos
bdousley

I'm an RN also, who knows better. Unfortunately knowing better doesn't make it any easier to quit. I'm at day 23 right now, I really hope I make it this time.

0 Kudos
trying4

im a cardiac sonographer and i smoke  everyday i see patients with heart disease because of smoking...im the only one in my department that smokes and im ashamed of it cause of the eww u smell like an ashtray...today is my quit day and i need all the help i can get

0 Kudos