Give and get support around quitting

mara

November Quitters

Wish me luck as I wish you luck!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
609 Replies
laura2

Congratulations Christie...you can do it. I joined today and set my quit date for Nov 27, Thanksgiving Day so I'll have a month under my belt by Christmas. It's really important to me, especially now. See my blog to understand why. Good luck to everyone...we'll make it. If I can be a support to anyone else, don't hesitate to message me.
0 Kudos
anita7

Just wanted to say hi to everyone with November quit dates! Hope we can all be successful!!!!!!!!
0 Kudos
cheryl14

WELL, MY FIRST DAY SMOKLESS IS COMING TO AN END. I KNEW AFTER THOSE FIRST URGES IN THE MORN, I MIGHT BE O.K.. I HAVE DONE BETTER THAN I THOUGHT. I CAN TELL THAT THE CHANTIX IS MAKING ALL THE DIFFERENCE. I'M NOT IN A VERY GOOD MOOD, BUT I'LL GET OVER THAT. I BETTER. MY GRANDDAUGHTER VISITS TOMORROW & SHE IS SO PROUD OF ME FOR TRYING. I DON'T WON'T TO LET HER DOWN. SO, EVERYONE, HANG IN THERE WITH ME. WE WILL DO IT WITH EACH OTHER'S HELP.
0 Kudos
jonnyconny

Hey guys. I started this group so I thought I'd better see how everyone was doing and wish eveyone good luck. I've got 12 days until my quit date. I've been smoking less(I was sick though) and actually thinking about whether I'm enjoying my cigarette. I found that most times I've found that I'm not enjoying it too much(especially when you have a sore throat)

Anyway, we all have our own reasons for wanting to quit, but it mainly boils down to one main reason. Good luck everyone, hopefully my wife doesn't kill me for being a complete ass hole during the next few weeks.

Jonny
0 Kudos
christine2

Well, I made it.. my first full 24 hrs with no cigs. Wasn't too bad, some times were tough but not unbearable. Thank god for Chantix. Although I haven't been around any smokers either. I did get a whiff of smoke in the parking lot of the store and had to high tail it in there. Also on the way home from work I realized that my car stinks! I always thought it was fine but not so much.. I made sure I febreezed the whole thing down when I got home. Also one of the girls at work came in from having a cig and even though she wasn't really close to me I could smell it a mile away. Well, I'm going to just keep on going. I've found that taking it hour by hour, even minute by minute if necessary is really helpful. Good luck to all!
0 Kudos
shawn-wilcher

Quitting November 6th. My weekend. Got patches, but might not use them. They're to hard to light anyway:)
0 Kudos
sara

I set my quit day for Nov 15th, but I think I'm going to try for the 10th instead. I'm just soooo ready to be done with these things. I feel tired all the time and my truck smells like smoke. I'm ready to live without cigs! Wish me luck
0 Kudos
shawn-wilcher

Im quitting at midnight tonight. Thats when my count up timer begins. I have just returned from Wall-mart with the proper quitting gear; gum, patches, carrot & cellery sticks, hypnosis tapes, straight jacket. They're are no firearms in the house and I have put away all sharp objects. I AM PREPARED TO DO BATTLE WITH NICOTINE MONKEY for the next 3 days. I have done this before, I shall defeat the nicotine monkey once again. Think positive Shawn, think positive. heh heh.
0 Kudos
tessa

I would like to try to quit as of the 15th... I'm nervous because I've tried so many times... I tried the gum, the patch, and the prescription drug... I'm hoping that if I have a group of people online it will help me to quit... all my friends smoke, and at work everybody smokes... work is probably my biggest obstacle right now... we get a break every 2 hours and I always want to go outside, and everyone smokes outside... so I smoke on break... I could stay inside but I feel the need to escape from my work on break which is why I choose to leave the building... any advice on how to quit at work?????????
0 Kudos
patricia18

I am going to set my quit date for November 15th. I am working through the tracking sheets on the site and need to decide if I am going to use a patch or not. The dr. will not give me any meds at this time for stop smoking due to other health issues.
0 Kudos