Give and get support around quitting

mara

November Quitters

Wish me luck as I wish you luck!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
609 Replies
hope5

I am quitting on November 10. I know that it's coming up really soon and every time I see it, I become nervous and fidgety. This is the same day that my ISearch paper is due, the reason I even thought about quitting. I could really use some help...I'm a little lost.
0 Kudos
crystal3

I need to know how to go back and set my quit date. I cannot get it figured out. I don't even know if i can go back. I do not want to set up another account.
0 Kudos

Hi group: Just joined yesterday and still in the process of Tracking my coffin nail usage. Am 54 and smoked for 35 years, but have never tried the support group thing/approach. Looking forward to giving and getting support from the group. Lost count on how many times and approaches I have utilized in the past to quit. Some of the approaches are so old, they're not even available any longer. I have learned that if you really don't want to quit, then it won't happen; or least that's the way it's been for my case. Have yet to set the quit date, but it will be within the next week and it will be Cold Turkey w/out nicotine substitutes as they didn't work me personally. Looking forward to having a buddy or buddies to work through this. Good luck to all. We know it has to be done, right?
  Terry
0 Kudos
sonja3

This is my 3rd time to attempt the quit-or should I say "To Quit"-I won't begin this one till the 20th-new start day-I know ya'll understand that I failed again-not the only one,but I did buy the nastiest cigs that I could to make it a bit easier.
0 Kudos
chrissy3

My date is November 24th. I'm moving and starting a new job in the next three weeks, so I figured I'd give myself some time to calm down from all that activity. I'm open to suggestions and will give them as well when I figure out some tips of the trade.
0 Kudos
sheryl

I just joined and set my quit date for November 1st. TERRIFIED!!! Going to try cold turkey with lozenges as a back up for the really nasty moments, but hope not to have to use them. Seems to me that is just putting off the invevitable. We shall see what happens, but i'm keeping my fingers crossed!
0 Kudos
bunni0304

Hey guys! It's been a minute since i've visited, but all is well. I haven't smoked in my car in two weeks, and I've cut down to 1 pack every two days. I'm just making preparations for my nov 13 quit date. My mom is on board with me and we are going to implement no smoking in the house soon. I've found that praying about it really helps (i wasn't surprised by this)Good luck to all and happy breathing!
0 Kudos
brandon8

Joining the band wagon I guess.
0 Kudos
cheryl14

HI GROUP, I GUESS I NEVER INTRODUCED MYSELF. MY QUIT DAY IS MONDAY, THE 3rd. I'V NERVER TRIED TO QUIT WITH ANY HELP. I'M HOPING THE CHANTIX WILL HELP. MY SISTER & HER FRIENDS SWEAR BY IT! BUT I NEED THE GROUPS SUPPORT MORE THAN MEDS. I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO TALKING TO EVERYONE.
0 Kudos
pockets

Hi everyone, I quess I will be joining you wonderful bunch of people. Today (Nov 1) is my quit day, no more stink. Wish me luck and and strength and I of course will be wishing it back at all of you. Let the journey begin:D
0 Kudos