Give and get support around quitting

mara

November Quitters

Wish me luck as I wish you luck!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
609 Replies
Debi12

I heard about the website on tV, after checking it out I decided to give quitting yet anoter attemp.  Today is day 4 for me, it has been hard, but I'm hanging in there.  I'm 55, I  have been smoking since my teens.  I have never really quit for very long, but I have never felt quite as determined as I feel right now.  I'm just sick of smoking.  I'm ready to experience my life in a new way.  I have been a smoker for so long that I cannot remember what it feels like to not smoke.  Like what is really like to be a non-smoker.  How do non-smokers handle stress, or boredom.  I try to remember what life was like as a non smoker, but sadly I do not remember!!  I do feel sort of lost and out of sorts right now, what scares me is if I found a cigarette right know I'm afraid I would light it, then afterwards I know I would feel so defeated and disappointed.  Then I would have start the quitting process all over again.  I just do not want to do that again.  I will not fail - I can do this -  I will not give in - failure is not an option!!!

0 Kudos
mazda

I am going to suck it up starting tomorrow, see how it goes.

0 Kudos

I am quitting Thanksgiving Day or the day after for sure.  I know that sounds wishy washy, but I have been known to have diahrea mouth when I quit and I'm not subjecting my family to that on that day.  I am going to use the patch.  I have used this before as well as Chantix (that was a trip).  All of my friends are quitting this weekend so we can lean on each other.  I do not want to gain weight, but am sure I will.  I pray all of us succeed!  Congrats to you who have just quit!  Keep up the good work, share your strength and wisdom, God knows I need it!

0 Kudos
adbelt

Just quit today.  Been planing it for awhile and now I am doing it.  This first day has not been too hard, a few urges here and there but overall not bad.  Tomorrow, I will have to see what happens.

0 Kudos
molzep

I'm in!  Nov 20 was my date.  It kind of picked me.

Molly - Free and Healing for Three Days, 6 Hours and 24 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 5 Hours, by avoiding the use of 65 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $26.14.

0 Kudos
kayla4

Since Obama banned cloves...ill be all out by Friday night.  Looks as though my quit date is Saturday November 28th.  **sigh**  I think part of why its hard to quit is bc we believe weve already done irreversible damage, so whats the point in struggling to quit?  The point is we gambled living already by picking up our first cig; now its time to gamble a new adventure.  Instead of smoking and saying "i hope I dont die from this" we're going to QUIT and say "we WILL live stronger and remove the chains that have held us down!"  A fear of our likes and dislikes and who we are are not defined by smoking!! You ARE who you ARE without a cigarette!!! WE CAN DO THIS!!    : )  We wont lose ourselves when we quit! We lost ourselves when we started. Time for a change.

0 Kudos
cheryl44

Hello,

i have been smoke free for almost 3 weeks now and goin strong, my quit date was november 9th and so far im feeling great!

0 Kudos
nightshine

Hi guys,

I quit this spring, for almost 3 months and it all went to hell.   So, I'm back trying it again.  The site has changed so much!  I'm sitting here and having a hard time breathing......damn cheap smokes.  But I, like a fool, still lite them. 

I know how hard it is, especially the first few days with withdrawals and then triggers and all of that.  I didn't think I was feeling better until I started smoking again.  Seriously, I didn't.  And now, I think I'm smoking more than before.  Life upheaval I think.  My gosh, my addiction is so strong that its damn hard.  But, I'm going back on the horsey, hanging onto the reins tight.

This sight did helped me a lot, especially during the first month, so please people use it.  Bitch and moan, pat yourself on the back or cry or laugh.  Treat yourself well, you do deserve it and I don't care what you situation is, you do.  I don't have a community of friends, so this site became my friends.  I feel stupid for starting again, but I did it and now its time to fix it.  I guess I lost my way.

I bought a cartoon this afternoon but I don't think my body can take smoking em.  So, I have a few left in this pack and tomorrow morning is going to be it, I think.  I have patches again and an some lozenges.  I didn't take but a few of the lozenges last time. 

So, heres to good luck and best wishes to everyone!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
pahart12

Day 5, so far so good!  The first three days were actually easy.  A few cravings here and there the last few days.  I'll make it. The last few times I have quit for over a few months I realized how easy it was to NOT SMOKE.  I just need to make sure I never buy a pack.  That is my downfall.

NC ban on smoking starts Jan 1!!!  That will help.  I totally didn't want to smoke after it happened in Illinois.

Good luck everyone!

0 Kudos
trenton

right on!!

0 Kudos