cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Not Good

Well, I am very well aware that pneumonia has bad consequences for COPD but I'm in a state of shock!

My Spirometry Test results were very disappointing.

My lung capacity is now 25% less than a Year ago!

That's the bad news!

The good news is that because I have asthma along with all the other components of COPD

some of the lung capacity might come back.

I have a follow-up with my pulmonologist in May.

Meanwhile he put me on Spiriva to complement the Advair I have been taking.

The doctor said that most people with my lung capacity are disabled.

The only reason I'm not is because I work so much I'm used to herculeon efforts on a daily basis.

SSD requires that you make less than $1000/Month and takes 6 Months to qualify.

By then I'd be bankrupt and who would pay for my meds? No work, no Insurance!

Retirement isn't even in the horizon.

All I can do is not smoke, exercise, and take my meds. 

...and pray!

Tags (1)
32 Replies
RachelMB

Thinking of you Thomas!  You are the epitome of strength my friend and I jut know some of that lung function will return.  I'm going to continue to send prayers and remain positive for you!  Keep us posted.  Big hug headed your way!

Rachel

0 Kudos
MarilynH

I am sending EXtra good thoughts and prayers up for you Thomas, ugh on the disgusting Cancer Sticks but yay for you and your awesome ongoing yrs of precious smoke free living, you really do have a wonderful spirit and I hear you when you talk about retirement, my husband is 59 and would love to retire when he's 60 but it's not going to happen and the company he works for doesn't have an insurance plan so we pay for it out of pocket and it's expensive but we need it for dental, eyes and prescriptions. 

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

Will keep you in my prayers!

0 Kudos
Magstoyou

Prayers coming your way Thomas!!

Mags

0 Kudos
tjanddj

I do hope it will get better for. My prayers.

Medicaid could be a choice for you for your insurance if every needed. My son struggled with the 6 month waiting period for SSD. A friend set up a gofund me page for him and that helped pay for his medications and rent.  Don't let fear stop you from doing what you need to do. And again my prayers. Know that everything is going to be okay, even if it's not okay.

Trudy

0 Kudos

Will pray Thomas.

Keep on keepin on my friend,

M n @

0 Kudos
Daniela2016

I am so sorry to hear it Thomas; will pray for you to still recover some lung capacity after the pneumonia. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers, I wish you could take it a little slower when it comes to your job, and avoid any other exposure to cold and germs. Will be thinking of you.

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Sigh, Hope thing will turn around for you.  Don't worry things will work out, you have the faith of Job.

0 Kudos
freeneasy

Thoughts and prayers Thomas.  Hope you get past this setback and see improvement

0 Kudos
Strudel

And we can pray right along with you! I am so sorry Thomas - but, as always, I see your strength of spirit shining through! Sending a hug along with those prayers. 

0 Kudos