cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Ready2021

Not good for me

My nephew passed yesterday and I fell out the wagon today not strong but a puff trying my damest not to puff again pray for me

7 Replies
DavesTime

I'm so sorry to hear about your nephew's loss. That is so hard to deal with, and it is so easy to turn to the thing we always turned to which we thought comforted us or helped to dull our inner pain. Be very careful, and guard your quit. I lost a 2+ year quit by taking a puff when my father died.  It took me over five more years before I finally managed to quit again. Don't make the same mistake that I did.  Again, I pray that God may comfort you and your family in this sad time. Stay close the this site, and post before you cave again.  That has helped save many people's quits.

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

I am immensely sorry for your loss and I'm sending a hug to comfort you. 

tenor.gif

Life can be tough sometimes.  Now is the time, though, to look forward with your quit.  A thought does not have to be a call to action.  That momentary hit of dopamine you got from that puff might have seemed to help, until its effect faded and you needed another, and another. ad infinitum.  Before you know it you will be right back where you started - a person who vapes wishing to be one that doesn't need it.

There are OTHER ways to get that hit!  Brisk exercise will give it to you - anything from a walk outside to marching in place to a set of stairs to some sit/stands.  A bit of chocolate might help, or a call to a friend, or even letting go for a good cry.

If you still have a device around, break it into pieces and put it in the trash.  Keeping it around makes it just too easy to cave when the going gets tough.  Blog for HELP here instead!

Let us know how we can help.

Nancy

0 Kudos

Oh so sorry. That’s really awful. I Will remember you in my prayer. I know this quit seem not so important than what’s going on, this immense grief... I pray God’s hand will be on you. 

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

My deepest sympathy to you and your family.  Not smoking at a time like this isn't easy.   The important thing is to get right back on track.  We're here to support you.  Remember to reach out for help beforeyou smoke--it works!

A Heartfelt Sympathy Card For You. Free Sympathy & Condolences eCards | 123  Greetings

Barb

0 Kudos
MarilynH

I'm so sorry for your loss huge caring hug coming your way, please know that we're here for you.

0 Kudos
Mandolinrain

So sorry for your loss and I for sure am praying for you tonight. Stay near to the site. We are here for you

0 Kudos
indingrl

0 Kudos