cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

champsin97

No Mans Land no more.

Well I am officially 130 days and 12 hours smoke free.  That means I have made it through No Mans Land.  I am proud of myself for making it this far but I wonder what is next.  What is the next goal?

Labels (1)
7 Replies
Barbscloud

@champsin97 One day at a time.

Congrats on your achievement.

Barb

biscuit9

Congratulations @champsin97 .  You have proven to yourself how strong you are.  As for "what is the next goal?".  That's the beauty of committing to getting healthy!  You have so many options on your next goal.  I started working out a few mos. after I quit and that was over a year ago and I have made that commitment in 2024, 4 times a week.  My eating is much healthier as well...not everyday of course, but for the most part.  The sky is the limit!

ReallyReal

Yay for you @champsin97 !!!  You are getting more and more time under your belt, proving that your commitment to stay free is solid.  I've thought about how I "ought" to feel after making it through No Man's Land in a few days and what I've come up with for me is NMLJr. to make it through.  Not sure how long NML Jr. will last for me!!  Sounds silly doesn't it, but I figure, whatever helps me stay quit?  I just know we have to continue to stay vigilant and never let up, never allow ourselves to think "just a puff" to "see how it feels."  I read a study done in Korea about smoking cessation and relapse.  One of the predictors of successfully remaining quit for a year or more was continued cessation support, such as we have here on Ex.  I forget the stats, but staying plugged in with a support person, group or network made a huge difference for people who stayed quit.  On the other hand, people without that continued support tended to relapse before a year was up at much higher rates.

Whatever goals you choose to work towards to help you maintain your smobriety will be good goals.  Seems to me the world has opened up a lot of possibilities now that I am not smoking.  I bet you feel the same.  You've been a great quit buddy and here's to continued smobriety--cheers to you @champsin97 !!!

Maki

I don’t relate to no man’s land but I know many do . I  want to stop in and congratulate you on 130 days quit . Great job @champsin97 .

C8B9693F-1D11-4F19-B6D3-31A74599C041.jpeg

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Woohoo @champsin97! Congratulations!! 

Quiana, EX Team

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
maryfreecig

Congratulations on all your hard work to smober up!!! You are winning, way to go.

Screenshot 2022-10-30 at 10.05.56 PM.png

0 Kudos
McMoney

Keep setting goals!  Today is 132 days for you, work on doubling that! See at day 264! And after that we'll be heading for a year! Set other goals too, not just no-smoking goals.. What else can you do to amp up your health and your spirit in 2024? It's only February!  

- Meriah