cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

KarenKay11

Newbie Here!

Hi all!  I am new to this site but not new to quitting.  Unfortunately I have tried to quit many times but I need this time to work.  I set my quit date for October 9 and doing okay so far.  My problem is I found an old pack in my closet this morning.  I was not tempted but I also did not throw them away.  I need help, which is why I am here.  If I had to guess, I would say I tried to quit over 50 times; some lasting days, some lasting just over a year.  I know my triggers, I guess I just need to believe I can do this!  Anyways, I am still trying to figure out this site but I appreciate any help 🙂

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
maryfreecig

Welcome to Ex.  You now have a support system to lean on as much as you want to. Not just the community, but the whole site. Every quit is taken one day at a time--by keeping yourself in today, you don't need to look back at the number of times you quit or how long they lasted. By staying plugged into Ex you can build your smobriety, change your thinking, reward yourself for quitting, grow your confidence. I have to believe that you already know...throw the pack out.  A quit is built on seemingly tiny steps (to former smokers they are huge) taken one day at a time.

I look forward to hearing from you. Congratulations on your decision to quit, and your first day. Yes you can.

cfdcbdc8f3a5fdd7ad923e6e2c1e360f.jpggoals.jpegebae0a862a55c6079c81953bf6d7ded0.jpg

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome @KarenKay11. Glad you've found us and posted. Countless people have said that the community here was the difference in their quit. Others will be around shortly. 🙂 

Stop by the October Daily Pledge 2022 

EX Community Admin Team
Barbscloud

@KarenKay11 For most quitters, it doesn't work to have cigarettes available.  Make it a statement of your commitment and discard those smokes.

Have you been reading material on the site? There's lots of great information, tools to use and support from fellow quitters. https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

Consider taking the Daily Pledge. It's a great way to stay on track one day at a time, to support your fellow quitters and be accountable to yourself.

Barbscloud_0-1665503929216.jpeg

We're here for you.

Barb

0 Kudos