cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

wanabebetter

New to this

Hi

I am new, I must admit I put a post in the wrong place the other night, the forums here are extensive -- so that's really helpful because when I started looking for some online help, I thought I would be all alone.

I've set a quit date of Feb. 18th and have been tracking those nasty sticks...

Been trying each day to more totally immerse myself in the program so I can succeed! It sounds like A LOT of folks here have had the success that I want.

Anyway, I'm 55 yr. old girl. Been smoking since 18. I have 4 grown children (those 4 pregnancies were my previous quits - up to two years each) Now it seems much harder to quit. I work full time so I'm not online during the day. I live in Ohio. I've been picking up knitting so I have some kind of 'stick' to hold a little later on.

I would welcome a buddy if anyone out here has a same or close quit date!

Robin

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Yaya2.6.10

Welcome to the site!  I started myQuit at age 62 after 45 years of smoking and I didn't Quit during pregnancies like you did.  Today I am celebrating my 3rd anniversary of not smoking.  We all hang out in Blogs.  Go there to post and to read and comment on what others have posted.  You can do this!

0 Kudos
lapistola

You can do it! I'm on day 6. I'm 41 and started when I was 15.
0 Kudos
wanabebetter

Thanks for all your replies -- I think I got absolutely lost on the website, trying to 'catch up'. The initial anxiety is lessened, I do appreciate the kind words and so I will proceed to figure out how to add you all as friends....I Need you folks like you would not believe! and I sure don't mind if you need to lean on me either!

Smiles to you and Hugs, Thank you!

0 Kudos