cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

raynorshyn

Hello and Help

Just set up here and my quit date is Feb 14. I'm scared of what I am doing. I hope ya'll can help!

0 Kudos
9 Replies
mdsassy2001

Hi Ray...

Just joined myself...  Blogs seem to have lots of handy support.  My quit date is Feb 14th also.... seemed like the perfect day to start loving myself!  Best wishes!! 

0 Kudos

go to the blogs. introduce yourself.

tell us your smoking history.

also, put that on your page. why you want to quit. if you've tried before, etc.

no personal info like emails or phone. spammers comb the sites for personal info.

0 Kudos
meme9383.pgo

I just started here also.  I am 20 days smoke free.  It is tough but finding this community has already made me feel better..

0 Kudos
nanawendy

Hi I am new here, also. I am 29 days smoke free !! It is tough, but I am gonna do it

0 Kudos
bvaugh01

New here too. Quiting for the second time. Quit date set for Feb. 4, 2013. We can conquer this!

0 Kudos
lorigay

I am new here too.  Quit day is Feb 14th.  I am going to need al the help that I can get!

0 Kudos
patty91

I'm new too! I'm working the EX plan and have set my date for Feb 15th!  The way I feel today (tired, cranky) I wonder how I'll be able to do it but I'm determined!!!  You can do it to!  And having this site to go to when I'm feeling this way definitely helps. 

0 Kudos

ok, i'm the world's worse for logging in Becoming AnEx.  so please be patient with me .  i do log in from time to time.  first of all, i'm extremely proud of each one of you and hope you make your quit date.  on the 5th of Feb, i will be 13 months quit.  i smoked for 38 years.  i wasn't giving too many choices.  mine was life or death.  the doctors wanted to give me the patch, e-cig, nicorette, anything.  i was in CCU for 10 days or so.  i asked how long it took to get the nicotine out of my system, was told 5 - 7 days.  so my next question was why are you trying to give me nicotine to quit then?  noone could answer.  i laid mine down.  plz don't get me wrong, it was the hardest thing i have ever done.  i used to cry because i wanted one.  but i took one day at a time and let me tell you, i bragged like crazy on 1 week  lol.  then i bragged on a month, 2 months, so on.  i still brag on myself.  years ago i tried the Chantix and it worked for me for several months, but Chantix is expensive and my insurence wouldn't pay and i couldn't afford all 3 packs.  no excuse.  smoked for 10 more years.  plz commit to yourself, that You want to quit for You.  i am thankful i did.  i have my grandbabies now and i am not giving them 2nd hand smoke.  i wish you all major success and keep telling yourself YOU CAN DO IT.  great job so far to each one of you.  many hugs

0 Kudos
raynorshyn

Wow! What wonderful support! I wasn't expecting so many responses! Well, I'm in day one hour one but I don't feel too bad!

0 Kudos