cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

shimmr3

New to hereee

I just quit smoking. I am going on day 6. The first two days were HORRIBLE! But, needless to say, with my nicotene lozenges I have been making it through! 6 days is a big accomplishment.

My neighbor told me two days ago that she will see me in a month with a cigarette in my mouth, and laughed about it. I told her that hearing her say that makes me want to try even harder to prove her wrong! I never want to go back.

I live around a lot of smokers. My husband smokes, but just decided tonight that he was quitting too after he smoked the last cigarette in his pack. He is quitting to support me, however, I am afraid he will stress me out and mess me up! 

Don't get me wrong.. I am very happy he is trying to quit (he is using patches), however, I have already gone 5 days without the support of him quitting just fine (he has been smoking outside) and am afraid that seeing him withdraw will trigger me. 

Do you guys think it will make me crave as I watch him try to make it past the three day hump? I am afraid he may actually cause me to relapse! 

But, I'm gonna try my hardest not to pay attention and to keep my mind off of it. Try and keep busy and talk him through his symptoms.

0 Kudos
0 Replies