cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

New member here

Jump to solution

Just wanting to introduce my self my name is Kimberly and I am excited to stop smoking 

Kimberly Lester
Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McMoney

Welcome to the community, Kimberly! It looks like you’re giving yourself several weeks to prepare.  Is the date you chose significant already? Just curious! 
Preparation is key as is perseverance! I’ll be cheering for you! 

- Meriah

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @kimberly_lester! My name is Quiana, and I am a part of the EX Team.  I wanted to reach out and personally welcome you to the EX Community! The community is very supportive so please reach out and let us know if you need anything. You may find our Daily Pledge page helpful to make a commitment not to smoke on a day-by-day basis. Posting there will also bring visibility to your journey to others who take the pledge daily. Please continue to reach out!

Here are some articles that might be helpful as you prepare for your quit date: 

https://www.becomeanex.org/ex-resources/about-quitting/get-ready-to-quit/right-before-you-quit/

https://www.becomeanex.org/ex-resources/about-quitting/get-ready-to-quit/3-ways-to-get-your-support-...

Quiana, EX Team

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
champsin97

Welcome to the EX.  It's the best site going to help with your quit.  Read as much info as you can and make a detailed quit plan.  Stay close because the support you receive here is invaluable.

McMoney

Welcome to the community, Kimberly! It looks like you’re giving yourself several weeks to prepare.  Is the date you chose significant already? Just curious! 
Preparation is key as is perseverance! I’ll be cheering for you! 

- Meriah
0 Kudos

So September 20th life took some unexpected changes for the best and met a new amazing partner. March 19 is my birthday and March 20 is our 6 month anniversary so i chose to celebrate both my birthday and anniversary by making healthier choices and give up smoking not only myself but a healthier relationship for my partner.

Kimberly Lester
0 Kudos
McMoney

That's wonderful! Very future focused! Kudos to you for seeing that making healthier choices now will positively impact your relationship and your health birthday after birthday! Does your partner use nicotine? 

Ya know, the first couple of weeks can be pretty challenging. So while setting a date that is significant to you is wonderful, you might consider what it would be like to have "hell week and heck week" behind you before March 19th so you can really celebrate being over the initial hurdles and have momentum going for you on your way to the favorable, promising future you are visualizing for yourself. This is of course only my opinion and truly you should do what you feel is best. Everyone's journey is different. Just know that we all will cheer you on every step of the way. And those first steps can be hard but they are definitely worth it.  I have 136 days so far so I'm not an old pro at this but I'm working my recovery and I'm not alone when I say, "if I can do it, you can do it!" Believe that!  McMoney_0-1704741684020.png

McMoney_0-1704741081018.png

IMG_4917.jpeg

- Meriah
0 Kudos