cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

stephanie34

Need to quit- kinda don't want to

I'm Stephanie and a Type 1 diabetic(21 years). Just had a lumbar spinal fusion done and need to heal well. Everyone is very judgemental at home so I just want to smoke more. Looking for supportive people to back me up.
0 Kudos
14 Replies
johnny-ktq

Hey I just quit at 9:30Pm , so I am a newbie, but I have got your back if need some support. Thats what I love about this site is there is so many supportive people here. So walk up to the end of that diving board and jump in after me. And Keep The Quit!!
0 Kudos
jen-x

Well, you've found the right place. Work the plan and set a date!
You can do this.
0 Kudos

Hey Stephanie-we're in the same boat, then. I've been a Type 1 for 20 years (26 now), and I just quit this last Saturday the 4th. Believe me when I say your blood sugar levels will start coming back into control within the first 2 days, and you'll really start to feel the difference after 5 to 7 days. Just remember that you have to quit for yourself, nobody else is going to make that decision for you. As an EMT, I could delve into a boatload of health risks that you're avoiding by quitting, but I'll just highlight the ones you already know such as different types of lung disease, as well as renal failure and limb amputation, to name a few. You have to do this for you!
0 Kudos
karenr

Hi Stephanie,

Welocome to the site...It is a great place to come for support ..I am on my 6th week smoke free and each passing day gets tons easier....The easiest thing I can say is if it is in your mind to stop and you really mean it then it is not that hard 98% of this addiction is in your brain...72 hours after you quit the nicotene is gone from your body the rest is in the mind....hang in there and do it one step at a time we are all here to help you...God Bless..Karen
0 Kudos
sherry7

i know how you feel my youngest daughter is judgemental also but i try not to let that effect me on trying to quit.hang in there hope you get to feeling better real soon.
0 Kudos