cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

tameka4

My heart <3 says yes, but my mind says NO!

I have always said that it would be easy to stop smoking, but the past 3 weeks have proven me wrong. All these years I have wondered why is it so hard for crackheads, heroin addicts, cocain abuseres to say no!!!! Well it is just as hard if not harder for me, a cigarette smoker to say NO! I never thought it would be so hard for me to quit. All these years I was foolin myself saying "I can quit when I want to", It will not be a problem for me......and all a long I have been hooked. Hooked on something legal that anyone 18 years and above can purchase......most without id. I have been fooled, my lungs are probally horrible. All these PSA's about lung cancer, blacken lungs, operations, and all the effects BAD effects cigarettes have on you, I am DONE! Yeah right my heart says no, but my mind says yes. Every time I wake, my mind says yes, every time I eat my mind says yes, evey time I am board my mind says yes, when I am drinking my mind says yes, when I am sad my mind says yes, when I am stressed my mind says yes, when I am alone my mind says yes.........When in the hell does it say NO????? Only when I want to LIVE........and that's enough for me..................................My mind says YES, but my HEART says NO!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
kelly149

Wow..that is some major debate going on. I so understand that inner stuggle..the constant bantering with myself on quitting..I came to realize, I spend just as much time thinking about quitting as I do when I think about smoking. Everyday I can think of a dozen or more reasons I want to quit, and one lousey excuse to have a cigerette..well this morning at 6am I had my usual morning coffee and smoked 2 cigs back to back..at 7am I smoked the last one from that pack..I then went and put a nicotine patch on and decided I was not going to buy another pack. I keep thinking of everything I hate about smoking, which is alot..and not so much about what draws me to it..addict..well it is now 7:25pm and thus far I am doing ok..some triggers, but I am keeping myself busy..So sweetie..draw strength from our lord..Jesus take the wheel..I need your hand holding mine down, so I can

never put a cigerette to my lips again..our body is our temple you have bestowed upon us and I will with your help, never abuse this body again with poison..Amen..Hang in there..I am here for you when you feel the need to vent or just talk.God Bless You 

0 Kudos
tameka4

Hey Kelly thanks for the reminder of Jesus aiding me in this process. I wish you continued success. Everyday since it has been getting easier for me. I have been keeping myself busy and trying to retrain my brain to not want to smoke. I hope that one day I can reach the point of not even thinking of what I used to do, smoke. I have been reading online http://www.quitsmokingonline.com and it has really opened my eyes to another side of smoking. I think everyone here should open it up and take a look. We have been totally brainwashed and by smoking we continue to feed into what they want us to do not what we choose to do. I am so far holding it down and not smoking. I really want to win this battle this time. Good Luck to you again and God bless you also!

0 Kudos
kelly149

Hi again..glad to hear you have been smoke free today..may success continue to plaque you..I did really well today..didnt really have much urge today at all..was very busy at work and that always helps..I turn 49 on friday and decided by this time next year i will celebrate the big 50 and 1yr of being smoke free..I have seen over the past few weeks more patients with throat cancer, lung cancer, emphysema..etc..I know i have run across this many times with patients over the years but lately it has really been imbedded in my mind and the commercials on tv i see of this..i cant seem to get it out of my mind..and I think its gods way of keeping me true to not smoking..and i will also credit him for my urges being so minimal..Praise the lord..so my new friend be strong and true to yourself..only you can make a difference in your life.dont worry about what others think or do because you are your own best friend so treat yourself with respect and love and god will be pleased as will you..take care and talk soon..

0 Kudos
Lace6

The dialog goes on & on but you have all the answers. The answers are here there and everywhere we look. Think about all the horrible snoking comercials lately, you don't want to end of like any of them. You want your energy back....and a clean mouth & teeth. With me the biggy was understanding addiction period, and then realizing the part I was playing in my own demise. A good resource is the the Allan Carr book. Read it and understand what big tobacco and the government are doing to you.

Good Luck to you. I am on day 62 of being smoke free. I had a weird first couple of weeks, which included depression and even crying, can you believe that.

You hang in there and stay in touch with the community.

0 Kudos